Php5 Ide??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Php5 Ide??

Isnt there a free IDE for PHP5. I want to move from .Net to PHP and I'm use to having Visual Studio .Net. Now all I have it notepad and its driving me nuts. I'm assuming since PHP is free there must be some free IDE to go alone with it. I found different things on google, but I'm not sure what I need.

There probably is an eclipse plugin for it at eclipse.org

Comment

I'll try and see if I can find anything on that website, but I take it then, that there is no such program for PHP... I wanted to move to PHP and try it out but at the same time I'm not going to sit and write entire programs using Notepad, LOL, thats insane.

Comment

There's an Eclipse plugin, but it's not very refined.

I have been trying for years to find an IDE for PHP that is as refined as Eclipse (for Java), IntelliJ IDEA, Visual Studio 2005, etc. They all suck. It's ridiculous, and especially frustrating given I'm starting a huge project where a proper IDE is something critical.

The closest I've come is Zend Studio. It has many flaws, but it's better than most.
        --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
        Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
        vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Actually, the Eclipse solutions have come a long way since I first checked them out:

PHP IDE
          PHPEclipse

If you still have access to Visual Studio there's:
          VS.PHP which integrates with Visual Studio, though I haven't tried it and it's not free.

The best I've used are Zend and and PhpED and they're not free either.

Comment

Spelling and capitalization errors on their (VS.PHP's) site doesn't give me a great deal of confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1 View Post
              Spelling and capitalization errors on their (VS.PHP's) site doesn't give me a great deal of confidence.
              ...lol and their forum is not very good. Also doesnt look very active, on one board I seen the last post was made in "Submitted by Kayla on Wed, 2004-09-01 17:00." The others were pretty close to that too... are you sure that company isnt dead. lol.

Well I just thought that because PHP was an open source product, there would be some open source IDEs to go with it.

I'll check out the programs and see if they are what I want. PHpED looked like a good one, but its pretty expensive for an open source language.
              Last edited by n3v3rl4nd; Wed 6 Dec '06, 8:18pm.

Comment

The PHP IDE, which is supposed to be a joint effort between the eclipse project and Zend, looks promising although it looks like it will be a while before it will be up to speed.
                Surrix.net: Computer help forums/articles

The person in my avatar is Elisha Cuthbert she plays on Fox's 24

Comment

I use Macromedia Dreamweaver combined with Apache, PHP and MySQL installed on my desktop as a development environment. It is not Visual Studio but it is much better than notepad.

Comment

Downloading the Eclipse/PHP IDE now. Eclipse has become such a great IDE for Java and is designed to be extensible, so I believe it's the future for PHP IDEs as well. All of them downright suck now.

For simple things, I use Dreamweaver on my desktop and Apache 2.2/PHP 5.1/PostgreSQL 8.1/MySQL 5.something on my home server, working off an SMB share. I no longer accept working with ancient crap like Apache 1.3 and PHP 4 (or MySQL at all now that I've used PostgreSQL). It's disgraceful how the before mentioned versions have been out for four years or longer and it's still not the standard installation on hosts.

Comment

So far that new IDE is great; much less annoying than Dreamweaver. It's made great strides since the last time I tried it out a couple of months ago.

Comment

I'm in the same boat as filburt. All the PHP IDE's totally suck. I am using Zend Studio since it's the least sucky of the bunch

I'm going to give that PHP IDE a try later tonight.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X