X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hitmancode47
    replied
    I installed IE 7 on XP
    When it comes to windows XP and IE7, i only have one word to say on that particular subject, this word is "firefox" << Best one

Leave a comment:

• Msharry
    replied
    disable any IE add-on you do not need

Leave a comment:

• tinjon
    replied
    disable the stupid Java updater add on.

tools > manage add ons > enable or diable addon > ssvhelperclass.

this addon is what most people have. disable it and restart interenet explorer.

you will see the difference.

Leave a comment:

• Mazinger
    replied
    Originally posted by simsim View Post
    Since I was introduced to Firefox, I never looked back. Recently, and due to the need of testing some CSS layouts in different browsers, I went back to use IE6 a little bit. To my surprise, it really loads pages slower than Firefox! The difference is, of course, almost unnoticed, but it does exist.

I thought Mozilla promoting of Firefox as a 'faster' web browser is vague, but it isn't.
    That's my story too! I gave up IE6 and now on FF.

Leave a comment:

• JNow
    replied
    Never mind, I found out what it was:

IE7 was polling the ThinkPad Client Security directories every time it started up. I disabled the add-ons for "ThinkPad Password Manager" and "CPwmIEBrowserHelper". Tools > Manage Add-ons > Enable or Disable Add-ons and then disable those two options. Don't just disable ThinkPad Password Manager, as that doesn''t solve the problem. PwmIEBrowserHelper belongs to Lenovo, which is what mine is.

Leave a comment:

• JNow
    replied
    I'm having this problem at the moment. I just got a new laptop. My old one didn't have this problem with IE7. The link you posted, Optima, is dead. Can you let me know how you fixed your problem? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• 0ptima
    replied
    The problem was due to spy sweeper
    http://support.webroot.com/ics/suppo...asp?deptID=776

IE 7runs fine now.

Thanks to all that tried to help me out.

Leave a comment:

• LFransen
    replied
    IE7 slow load times..

Quote from Wayne:
    'Deleting your temporary files everytime you close the browser affects load times because the browser has to retrieve every item from the site when you visit it the first time the next day. If it has images and such in the temporary files, then it can load them directly off your hard drive without making multiple connections to the website to download them.'
    Unquote

What I was referring to when I mentioned 'load times' was the application load time and not web pages. Checking and unchecking this box shouldn't affect how long it takes the app to load. I agree with your statement about the pages loading. I have tried this on three different computers and it was all the same so there is something going on in the background that I don't know about when the app loads.

Len

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    Final shipped on Oct 18th..

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    Originally posted by 0ptima View Post
    I though the final version was already out.
    Well I downloaded it from MS updates, so I'm thinking it is.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    It is... That is what I am using but no hiccups when connecting. Only have one issue with it on one of my PCs. That is because my son didn't follow instructions when installing the release version on the laptop he uses for his homework. Going to "slam" the laptop, because IE7 isn't the only thing he has screwed up on it. Once that is done, I'll reinstall IE7 from scratch.

Leave a comment:

• 0ptima
    replied
    I though the final version was already out.

Leave a comment:

• kuyenmotdivad
    replied
    I get the same problem it takes IE7 a while to connect when I use my DSL network connection but I am sure microsoft will fix it when the final version is out.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Deleting your temporary files everytime you close the browser affects load times because the browser has to retrieve every item from the site when you visit it the first time the next day. If it has images and such in the temporary files, then it can load them directly off your hard drive without making multiple connections to the website to download them.

Leave a comment:

• LFransen
    replied
    IE7 Slow Load times

Hi everyone,
    I didn't see a posted solution so I thought I would chime in on what I found out to be a solution. On my system if I uncheck the 'Empty Temp Internet Files When Browser is Closed' checkbox under Advanced in Internet Options it takes care of the problem. Don't ask me why this should affect load times, it should only affect how long it takes to close the browser.

Try it, then go back and you'll see that the long load times come back.

Len

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X