IE 7 Slow To Connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    Turn on "Enable XMLHTTP support" under Internet Options -> Advanced.
    It was on. Set it off, turned it back on. No change. A minor FYI, I've went to a few other sites using AJAX, ie. Google, Yahoo Mail, IPS (whistles innocently), and they behave accordingly.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Update: Bug isolated. Flashget v1.8 was conflicting with vBulletin AJAX. See bug report.
      Last edited by ManagerJosh; Mon 11 Dec '06, 10:32pm.
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

You can set as homepage about:blank

Comment

I have the same problem. IE7 takes ages longer than the almighty Opera to load some pages. and I don't use any download accelerators...

Comment

Since I was introduced to Firefox, I never looked back. Recently, and due to the need of testing some CSS layouts in different browsers, I went back to use IE6 a little bit. To my surprise, it really loads pages slower than Firefox! The difference is, of course, almost unnoticed, but it does exist.

I thought Mozilla promoting of Firefox as a 'faster' web browser is vague, but it isn't.
            You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

Originally posted by simsim View Post
              Since I was introduced to Firefox, I never looked back. Recently, and due to the need of testing some CSS layouts in different browsers, I went back to use IE6 a little bit. To my surprise, it really loads pages slower than Firefox! The difference is, of course, almost unnoticed, but it does exist.

I thought Mozilla promoting of Firefox as a 'faster' web browser is vague, but it isn't.
              try IE7, IE6 is outdatd now and IE7 has tabs just like Firefox

Comment

Originally posted by 0ptima View Post
                I installed IE 7 on XP and when I start it up, it take a long time to load the homepage (msn.com). Even opening a new tab takes time and the tab says "Conecting..." I have no problems with Firefox.
                Originally posted by JakeS View Post
                Could be because its Microsoft
                Use Firefox ! It's even better.
                Italian Body Building & Fitness : www.BodyWeb.com
                Italian unofficial support Forum : www.vBulletin.it

Comment

Well I use IE7 and I have no problems with it.

Since I did a clean install of Windows XP Pro, I have never installed Firefox. And I'm not convinced that some peoples problems may be because they have both FF and IE7 installed together.
                  Last edited by MRGTB; Tue 12 Dec '06, 2:40pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio68 View Post
                    Use Firefox ! It's even better.
                    FF is my main browser, but I'd like to have both....

Comment

Originally posted by 0ptima View Post
                      I installed IE 7 on XP and when I start it up, it take a long time to load the homepage (msn.com). Even opening a new tab takes time and the tab says "Conecting..." I have no problems with Firefox. I enabled port forwarding on my router and I wonder if that has anything to do with the problems I have with Ie7. Any ideas on my problem?
                      I am too having that problem, it just sux.

So I am trying to remove it, please help.
                      http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=212374

Comment

IE7 Slow Load times

Hi everyone,
                        I didn't see a posted solution so I thought I would chime in on what I found out to be a solution. On my system if I uncheck the 'Empty Temp Internet Files When Browser is Closed' checkbox under Advanced in Internet Options it takes care of the problem. Don't ask me why this should affect load times, it should only affect how long it takes to close the browser.

Try it, then go back and you'll see that the long load times come back.

Len

Comment

Deleting your temporary files everytime you close the browser affects load times because the browser has to retrieve every item from the site when you visit it the first time the next day. If it has images and such in the temporary files, then it can load them directly off your hard drive without making multiple connections to the website to download them.
                          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I get the same problem it takes IE7 a while to connect when I use my DSL network connection but I am sure microsoft will fix it when the final version is out.

Comment

I though the final version was already out.

Comment

It is... That is what I am using but no hiccups when connecting. Only have one issue with it on one of my PCs. That is because my son didn't follow instructions when installing the release version on the laptop he uses for his homework. Going to "slam" the laptop, because IE7 isn't the only thing he has screwed up on it. Once that is done, I'll reinstall IE7 from scratch.
                                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                                vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                                Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X