Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Showing off Vista Aero-Glass

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #2
    Looks nice. I'll probably buy Ultimate Edition once it's released to the general public.
    Forums

    Comment


    • #3
      Looks nice. Nice screens :P

      Comment


      • #4
        You're my Prince of Peace
        And I will live my life for You

        Comment


        • #5
          <cartman voice>Sweeeet!</cartman voice>
          "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Quillz View Post
            Looks nice. I'll probably buy Ultimate Edition once it's released to the general public.
            Why Ultimate? I hear that so much and I'm curious why people pick that edition. Is it the word Ultimate? After looking at the editions, Home seems the way to go for me.


            BTW, those screenies do nothing for me except make me want Vista less
            I'm in the minority where I don't need much prettinees and if there is 1 line of code in the OS that's there to mistake my PC for a work of art, it's 1 line too much.

            IMO, Win2k was the best OS MS ever made. It's gone downhill from there. Each new OS increases the thread count increases by 30%. How bout something for the AMD(I'm on an Intel btw) crowd MS. Something designed to be as fast as humanly possible.

            Comment


            • #7
              http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/winvista_02.asp

              Home premium is $160 less than ultimate and has everything i will need...but win xp already does everything I need so I wont be rushing out too buy it.

              Mark

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Quillz View Post
                Looks nice. I'll probably buy Ultimate Edition once it's released to the general public.
                Good luck finding the funds...
                Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Dean C View Post
                  Good luck finding the funds...
                  I already have the funds.
                  Forums

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Dean C View Post
                    Good luck finding the funds...
                    I Will also be purchasing Windows Vista Ultimate for customers soon, so glad i get stuff cheap

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Zonex View Post
                      Why Ultimate? I hear that so much and I'm curious why people pick that edition. Is it the word Ultimate? After looking at the editions, Home seems the way to go for me.
                      A combination of Shadowcopy, Improved Networking, Encryption, System Image backup and Recovery, Remote Desktop Server, Better Memory Handling, Media Center Support, Fax and Scanning support, IIS, etc...

                      You can get some of those with Premium and you can get some with Business but Ultimate is the only retail version with all the features.

                      I plan on putting Ultimate Edition on two PCs in the house and Home Premium on the other three.
                      Translations provided by Google.

                      Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
                      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                      I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Dean C View Post
                        Good luck finding the funds...
                        Why do you think every one is skint?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by NashTax View Post
                          Why do you think every one is skint?
                          Because most 18year olds that I know don't have 350+ lying around.
                          Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                            A combination of Shadowcopy, Improved Networking, Encryption, System Image backup and Recovery, Remote Desktop Server, Better Memory Handling, Media Center Support, Fax and Scanning support, IIS, etc...
                            Yes, I understand it comes with all those extra capabilities. Haven't seen anything about better memory handling though. Would be interested to read up on that.

                            I guess my question is kind of rhetorical. I would bet that most people I have seen post something about getting ultimate just get it because it's packed with features and the word Ultimate. "Oh, I got to get that!" If they call it Vista Crap edition, less people would get it. Why get something that has features most won't even use. Logically, one would think that the more, the slower so why get it?

                            On another note...
                            Why can't MS go back to how things where with the 9x kernal where you had a choice as to what useless crap got installed during setup? These days you have to use 3rd party apps like nlite or xplite to do that.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Zonex View Post
                              IMO, Win2k was the best OS MS ever made. It's gone downhill from there. Each new OS increases the thread count increases by 30%. How bout something for the AMD(I'm on an Intel btw) crowd MS. Something designed to be as fast as humanly possible.
                              I used to run Windows 2K Pro here, I liked the OS back then, mainly because it was a no frills OS that was very stable and came without the XP toys and other rubbish. I have the ssytem for Vista though, everything is new and based around 64bit. So I would be missing out. Ah well!

                              Originally posted by Bober42 View Post
                              http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/winvista_02.asp

                              Home premium is $160 less than ultimate and has everything i will need...but win xp already does everything I need so I wont be rushing out too buy it.

                              Mark
                              I tend to have the same thinking. I would like Vista, but it would have to be the extreme version, and looking at the price. I think I'll also stay with XP Home seeing as it works fine and does what I need for now. just to much money to shell out when I have an OS thats already working spot on.

                              I've also read that the Ultimate version of Vista is the main gaming version somewhere, on MS own site I think. So it stands to reason everybody will want the Ultimate version for gaming. MS are not daft!
                              Last edited by MRGTB; Tue 28th Nov '06, 11:30am.

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X