This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good analogy JimF.

Yep, I can't say that I agree with Ted on his decision about that on Scriptkeeper but he's the boss and what he says on there goes and there's not one thing we can do about it

[Edit: Stupid me; it's Ted not Tim].

Oh well.

qasic
    Last edited by qasic; Tue 26 Jun '01, 9:57am.

Comment

Everyone has the right to hang themselves. I for one LOVE what IP is doing with their product. Every time they raise prices and experience the 6.0 cpu spike I see the noose getting tighter. The last thing I'm gonna do now is give them helpful advice. Keep on raising those prices man!
      Well, there it is.
      - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

Last I saw, UBB was on sale

qasic

Comment

Heh, and I bet there is more than the reason its the month it was created...

Anyone think someone isn't making the sales they used to, so they are lowering the prices????

Comment

Neither vBulletin nor Infopop releases sales figures so I guess we won't know the true extent of the market. Oh well, tis' life.

qasic

Comment

Well one good indication of sales trends is to read the UBB forums and count the number of people that have switched from vB to UBB, then read these forums and count the number of people who have made the opposite switch.

There is plenty of anecdotal evidence that UBB is losing market share to vB. Frankly after having used both BBs, I have full confidence that this trend will continue.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I don't doubt one bit that market share is going vBulletin's way but I'm not sure about profit since Infopop charges such a high $$$ for all their products.

qasic

Comment

The are only two reasons why people are still buying UBB and why they are still in business.

1) Users don't have access to PHP and/or mySQL.

2) They don't know about vBulletin.

BTW, qasic aren't you a mod over at UBBDev?

Comment

They said that the lacking of features is because they've concentrated on the speed. Now I'd like to ask : What speed is this? is it by dropping static pages, is it by using local declared variables or is it by using a bad modular design?
                    vBulletin is missing one and only feature: easy translation, this is very important for people like me - internation customers . I hop I can see this feature soon.

Comment

if ip charged 50 bucks for the ubb, it would sell like water.

on the other hand, if vb supported all databases and had a design more like ubb (more user friendly), it would sell millions.

imho. take it easy
                      Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

Originally posted by Dream
                        if vb...had a design more like ubb (more user friendly), it would sell millions.
                        Huh? I think vB's GUI is 100x more "user friendly" than UBB.

-jim

Comment

Well, it's a matter of personal opinions. For example; I like UBB's style more than vB's. However, I like the current default colours of the vB.

Comment

The way you select options in Vb is also not UF. i.e. displaying EVERY option on one page, would be better if it was split up into pages.

Comment

It's funny, but they're targetting the wrong people. They're selling it to the "run everywhere" crowd using flat files, yet they're charging up the wazoo for it. The only people that would buy it at that price are the corporate guys. But then, the corporate guys would be more than able to afford to find a host that offers mysql access wouldn't they? And I'm sure they'd be eyeing the flatfile structure and saying "damn that's OLD".
                              Well, there it is.
                              - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

Funny,

My bosses paid the full business price for UBB (http://boards.wizards.com/) [and yes, they ARE very big!]

qasic

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X