Full time administrators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full time administrators?

Is anyone a full time administrator or does anyone know of a full time Bulletin Board administrators? Seems most people run their forums as a hobby or side job.
    A forum for local and regional admins: adminsphere.com

You'd have to have a big-ass site to administer it all day long, and even then, it will more likely be high-level operations (future design versions, additional features, interviews, etc.) rather than day-to-day operations (post deletions, etc.).

I don't use my site as my main source of income, but I do almost exclusively high-level administration rather than moderation, which is what I have moderators for.
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Hey, sorry. Let me rephrase it another way. Has anyone been successful in making a living off of just your forum/website? Or does anyone know of people who do live off just their forum/website? Does anyone feel they are getting there...i.e. their forum income is rising and may one day match their day job so they can quit?
      A forum for local and regional admins: adminsphere.com

Comment

My vB site provides the bulk of my income. I own a few other sites that generate a few bucks. Unfortunately, I do not feel comfortable disclosing the site that makes the bulk of the income at the moment since someone is about to purchase it.

Comment

Originally posted by siliconfinance View Post
          My vB site provides the bulk of my income. I own a few other sites that generate a few bucks. Unfortunately, I do not feel comfortable disclosing the site that makes the bulk of the income at the moment since someone is about to purchase it.
          I hope your getting a very good price for the site your selling, if that site provides the bulk of your income.

Comment

I'd love to be a full time admin, although I'm not. I know a few people who are but they are earning loads.

Comment

I'm a full time administrator and co-owner of my site (company). Funny thing is our forum doesn't get much traffic (the site does). Any time we thought about pulling the forum (lack of use), we get people wondering why. So we've kept it.

Comment

Thats probably because your website is using static pages and is much more search engine friendly. Were the forum isn't because it used dynamic pages.

Personally I don't think I would like to be a full time administrator sat at a desk all day long unless your in some kind of office mixing with other people. As doing it alone from your own home, means socially your just not mixing with other people out there and can turn some people into a kind of recluse to a certain degree.
                Last edited by MRGTB; Wed 12th Sep '07, 1:04am.

Comment

Thats probably because your website is using static pages and is much more search engine friendly. Were the forum isn't because it used dynamic pages.

Personally I don't think I would like to be a full time administrator sat at a desk all day long unless your in some kind of office mixing with other people. As doing it alone from your own home, means socially your just not mixing with other people out there and can turn some people into a kind of recluse to a certain degree.
                  There is more to life than work

Comment

Originally posted by Dilly View Post
                    There is more to life than work
                    Yes there is and I couldn't agree more with you. If only we could all win the lottery and never have to work another day in our lives again, and just enjoy ourselves all the time.

Unfortunately, thats just not the case.

Comment

I was at one point making more money from my website (google adsense) than I made working 40 hours a week. I was getting ready to put in my 2 weeks notice one day, and I got an email from Google saying firearms websites are not allowed by google. I cried....for weeks.

Comment

It would be nice to make an income from the forums, but with my luck I will never be a top adsense earner.
                        I love lamp

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X