Glasses or Contacts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glasses or Contacts?

Which do you prefer and why? Opinion is more valid if you've tried both.

I've never worn contacts before but I'm thinking of getting them because of comfort, better eyesight and better appearance. But there are some things that are making me hesitant. For one, it's more of a hassle because you have to clean it up every night and get new ones every few weeks or so. Also, I know there's higher risk of eye infections and other things that I'm not too keen on.

For those who have worn contacts, have you encountered any problems such as eye irritation, infection, etc.? I would like to think these happen very rarely.
    Glasses
    60.71%
    Contacts
    39.29%
    Last edited by kman2; Wed 22 Nov '06, 4:50am.

I like both about the same to be honest..
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Contacts are okay, but start aching after a while or drying out. Especially if you wear them in an office or bulding for a long period.

I'm going to get a pair of glasses for home and when stuck in the office.
      [URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]Aviation Web[/URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]

Comment

To be honest I Don't like either, I Don't ware glasses nor wear contacts, Supposed to just don't.

Comment

I don't wear anything. 100% on both eyes.
          selling kawaiiNation.com

Comment

I am supposed to wear Glasses, I will take them out to see far (Lecture boards). I prefer glasses since I cannot for the sake of me put on contacts.

Comment

Well it all depends on whether your long-sighted, short-sighted or both. I am short-sighted and glasses did not suit me, so I made the switch to contacts about 4months ago and it has changed my life. I can see people walking towards me who are waving or something, I can go to the movies again. I really hated wearing glasses and my monthly lenses are so easy. If your optician says you are eligible for lenses I really would recommends the switch. Of course it's always good to have a pair of glasses as backup for those lazy days around the house when you need them.
              Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Originally posted by Arunan View Post
                I am supposed to wear Glasses, I will take them out to see far (Lecture boards). I prefer glasses since I cannot for the sake of me put on contacts.
                It takes practice, if you had been prescribed them by an optician, he would have tried to get them in, and if he couldn't, would/should have sent you away to do exercises to try and curb your blinking reflex. Mine was as simple as poking the white part of my eye with a little bit of tissue.

Comment

I own both, but I wear contacts on a daily basis, and glasses only when I'm too lazy.

I wear Acuvue 2's with Hydraclear, so they're very comfortable. They're soft disposable lenses that last about 3 weeks. They've never dried out on me, except for when I sleep in them (which you're not supposed to).

Really, contacts, in my opinion, are far more practical than glasses. I can play sports in my contacts, and I can even swim with them on. Also, I personally think I look better without my glasses on.

Finally, when you get to higher power levels for your glasses, the usable focus area on the glass lens decreases. At higher power levels, contacts provide a clearer view without the weight of heavy class/polycarbon lenses.
                  :)

Comment

I've had glasses since I was 4. Back in March I was talked into getting contacts. I haven't used the glasses since then. I voted contacts.
                    Student Zone - A community for students

Comment

Originally posted by DirectPixel View Post

Really, contacts, in my opinion, are far more practical than glasses. I can play sports in my contacts, and I can even swim with them on. Also, I personally think I look better without my glasses on.
                      It's quite dangerous to swim in them, even wearing goggles, which I'm assuming you are doing. You should avoid having water come into contact with your lenses at all costs, especially water with chemicals in like chlorine.

Comment

I've tried both. I prefer glasses. I only have ot wear them when I'm at home using my computer on 1280 resolution or when I drive at night.

Comment

Lasik.

Comment

Originally posted by Freesteyelz View Post
                            Lasik.

Ditto....

Well, I plan on this, but not just yet, so contacts for now.
                            Webmaster / Administrator
                            www.MegaGames.com
                            www.MGForums.com

Comment

I wouldn't try Lasik; I'm not too keen on the idea of having your eye cut up... plus there are some annoying side effects.

For those who have worn contacts, have you encountered any problems such as eye irritation, infection, etc.? I would like to think these happen very rarely.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X