Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has photopost increased member participation on your board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has photopost increased member participation on your board?

I need some suggestions before i could buy Photopost. My forum is small but growing impressively. Currently it has around 350 members and now I was thinking of increasing member participation by installing softwares like photopost etc. Has photopost increased member participation on your board? Do you think such an investment in a small forum would be worth it?
    Photopost Pro
    22.22%
    Photopost vBGallery
    38.89%
    Coppermine
    11.11%
    PhotoPlog
    16.67%
    vB Image Hosting
    5.56%
    Others? Post and I'll add it to the list.
    5.56%
    www.christianforumsite.com
    sigpic

When I used Photopost vBGallery on a site, it did not increase posting on the forums. A few people uploaded pictures, a lot of pictures, but their forum participation went down.

Each forum is different though.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks Wayne, currently i have opted for a really cheap hosting plan which the hosting company upgraded and made it more expensive. If i buy photopost, i would have to upgrade my plan. Currently i pay around 4$/month and i think it is WORTH IT with my board performing well.
      sigpic

Comment

I have seen it used on a minature war gaming forum where people who post the models they have painted etc... This was great for that. It didnt reduce forum posting as they would then post about how they did the things they did in there album.

However each website to its own. It really depends on your websites content.

Comment

Not at all.
          last + blue = lsatblu

Tales Otaku Admin - Tales Forums Admin

Comment

my members love creating their own albums and uploading photos there. then they would start new threads and discuss those photos with other members. so a gallery has definately been an advantage

Comment

When I used to have it installed, I did find that when I ran my aquarium site for Discus Fish. Many people were browsing the images of them. I think it depends if you run a type of site that dictates the need for a Gallery. Like running a Photographic or Car & Bike site etc.

For everyday sites that have no real need for a gallery, you might as well let members upload there images to there threads via attachments I would have thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                When I used Photopost vBGallery on a site, it did not increase posting on the forums. A few people uploaded pictures, a lot of pictures, but their forum participation went down.

Each forum is different though.
                we have same situation on our photo gallery as well using photopost php pro.
                TechArena - TechArena Community - Technology News - Tools Download - Tech Video - Gamer Guide - Hardware Review

Comment

I dont think im ready to invest more and take risks. Probably i should wait for another year. But Im really impatient.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeffinj View Post
                    I dont think im ready to invest more and take risks. Probably i should wait for another year. But Im really impatient.
                    You can always test with a free solution like Coppermine and then upgrade later if it is a success.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

How do you thing VB image Hosting is? I have already installed it. May be I should have done some research and found out if there were other free ones that are better. Did make a mess?

This ones so far ok.
                      sigpic

Comment

The month that I installed the gallery, posting went down compared to the previous month. However, the following month set a new record for posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Greps View Post
                          my members love creating their own albums and uploading photos there. then they would start new threads and discuss those photos with other members. so a gallery has definately been an advantage
                          Did you use PhotoPost or some other gallery software?

Comment

Originally posted by rnmcd View Post
                            Did you use PhotoPost or some other gallery software?
                            Gallery, then PhotoPost Pro, then PhotoPost vBGallery

Comment

What made you switch from Photopost pro to Photopost vBGallery?
                              sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X