No announcement yet.

Vista RTM Free to Testers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too bad there are already patches out there that will make Vista free for everyone that will take care of activation and etc...

Comment

Have MSDN pulled the downloads from there site. I logged ito MSDN with my MSN account, and tried to subscribe to Vista. But it asks for a "Benefit Access Number" which I don't know.

Basicly I can't see Vista for download anywhere on there site, plus I've read a few posts on other sites which claims they pulled the download off again.

Comment

Originally posted by chrispadfield View Post
        Thanks AWS. Will I need to use something like partition magic on the USB drive as well?
        No. Setup will create and format a partition on the drive for you. All you have to do is select the drive.
        Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

do they have any plans to put Vista up on the MSDN Academic Alliance site?
          Chamber of Secrets - The Ultimate Harry Potter Community!

Comment

It's possible they pulled it from MSDN. They took the x64 download down on Connect because of the strain on the download servers. Technet, MSDN and Connect use the same download servers.

Comment

Hmm, checking in on MSDNAA again, what we did have (Longhorn beta 1) was removed, although it still shows up under my own list of software. I wonder if we'll be getting Vista soon? *crosses fingers*

Comment

Originally posted by AWS View Post
                No. Setup will create and format a partition on the drive for you. All you have to do is select the drive.
                Without deleting all the data I already have on it?
                Christopher Padfield
                Web Based Helpdesk
                DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund View Post
                  What was i thinking when i wrote that i must have been half asleep.

System Req = 40 GB of hard drive capacity with 15 GB free space.

Yes, you can boot from an external USB drive, are you installing onto that?
                  I have an external hard drive... How long (approx.) would it take to boot Vista? I know that external drives are always slower, although it does make use of USB 2.0.

Also, is it easy to get rid of a partition? Or do I have to reformat the whole drive?
                  Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz View Post
                    I have an external hard drive... How long (approx.) would it take to boot Vista? I know that external drives are always slower, although it does make use of USB 2.0.

Also, is it easy to get rid of a partition? Or do I have to reformat the whole drive?
                    If you have enough free space on a current partition, there's a neat lil program called "Partition Magic" that could do this job for you. As well, there is a Linux distro (Knoppix I think) that can do the same thing.

As far as external hdd, shouldn't have too much of a noticeable speed difference, but I usually didn't use USB, so who knows.

Comment

If you have data on the drive then use partition magic to create a piece for Vista.

Comment

Yes partition magic is a great program to use, very reliable..

@ Vista Testers, have you received your invitation for Windows Vista Ultimate Extras yet?
                        You should soon..
                        MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                        Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Here of some screenshots of Vista Ultimate RTM if anyone is interested, i dont know why i didnt post them earlier..

http://www.microsoftliveforums.com/m...timate_RTM.jpg

http://www.microsoftliveforums.com/m...mate_RTM_2.jpg

http://www.microsoftliveforums.com/m...mate_RTM_3.jpg

http://www.microsoftliveforums.com/m...mate_RTM_4.jpg
                          MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                          Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund View Post
                            Looks very nice Joe.

I decided to try Windows Pro x64bit again the other day that I have, which came free when I built my PC. This time round I noticed MS have released loads of new MS Updates for it since I last installed it. In fact I got every single driver direct from MS Updates except the Nvidia Driver for my graphics cards, which I got from nVidia site itself for XP Pro x64 (I expected that though). But all the sound card and motherboard drivers including my NEC monitor, Lan and all other Motherboard drivers were picked up and installed from MS Updates. But I decided to remove the OS a day later and revert back to XP Home though.

One thing that bugs me about Windows XP Pro x64bit, is the fact it comes with a 32bit and a 64bit Internet Explorer. Does Vista also come with two IE versions installed by default. Or does it just have one version installed. Plus you still can't get around the games and software compatibilty issues on some stuff which just puts you off. I'd like to try Vista (legit). But I'm unable to download it.

Can you tell me something, I've noticed on XP Pro x64, that the serial "Game Port" connection on my motherboard is listed in device manager as unsuported. Is this the same situation when running Vista. As I read that XP Pro x64 no longer supports serial joystick connection and only supports USB, unlike XP Home and XP Pro (32bit) etc. Which does support them and list it in device manager as a "Standard Game Port".
                            Last edited by MRGTB; Tue 21 Nov '06, 3:14pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Bolton View Post
                              I'd like to try Vista (legit). But I'm unable to download it.
                              Vista is not available for the consumer market till January.

Regards
                              - Tommy
                              MCP / MCSA / MCSE / MCT
                              A few eggs short of a complete easter basket

vB 4.0.5+ CMS (No hacks), Windows Server 2008 R2 Ent, IIS 7.5, PHP 5.3+ (FastCGI), WinCache, Memcached, MySQL 5.1.45

Comment

Can people still order RC1 DVDs from Microsoft? That's what I did, although I had to pay about $2 for shipping.
                                Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X