Vista RTM Free to Testers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund View Post

BTW, have you found a defrag prog that works in Vista Ultimate?
    I have tried Diskeeper 2007, O O Defrag 8.x.x, and a couple others.. None will install..
    It's a new version of windows that isn't properly finished, what did you expect?

Even me (who normally keeps my pc up-to-date) Isn't Using it as my default windows as I do not trust Microsoft with it.

Thats why I say give it a few months or even a year before installing it as default.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Biker~ View Post
      It's a new version of windows that isn't properly finished, what did you expect?
      Ohh trust me, its finished
      MCSE, MVP, CCIE
      Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

PerfectDisk 8 Beta for Windows Vista, works for anyone that wants a third party defrag program.
        MCSE, MVP, CCIE
        Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by Chousho View Post
          MSDNAA for my college has "Microsoft Longhorn" available
          I get:

Project Professional 2002

Project Professional 2003

Visio Professional 2002

Visio Professional 2003

Visual Studio .NET 2003 professional

Windows XP Professional
          Already have XP and Visual Studio 2005, first of which came from my campus bookstore for $15, second of which was free for attending some free Microsoft webcasts about ASP.NET which were, truth be told, actually very interesting.
          --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
          Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
          vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund View Post
            Ohh trust me, its finished
            Still going to be alot of bugs

Also OMG I Just altered a couple of files, and i can now activate with Windows Vista RC1 Key
            Last edited by JakeS; Fri 17 Nov '06, 7:39pm.

Comment

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 with 2GB ram but I believe a rubbish graphics card (not important to me). While I won't be moving to Vista as my main machine until it has settled down a bit, I have had time to test all the software I use and most likely bought a new computer - is it worth dual booting? Is it going to run on this sort of machine (hardly cutting edge).

Also, what sort of space am I going to need, and what would be the best way to create a partition on an active laptop without screwing everything up?

Thanks guys
              Christopher Padfield
              Web Based Helpdesk
              DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

can somebody post a link to this vista ultimate edition please, tried MSDN and searching Google for it. Can't find a link anywhere.
                Last edited by MRGTB; Sat 18 Nov '06, 2:15am.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Bolton View Post
                  can somebody post a link to this vista ultimate edition please, tried MSDN and searching Google for it. Can't find a link anywhere.
                  Go into Microsoft partner program website and you will find it under products (providing you are certified).

Comment

Originally posted by chrispadfield View Post
                    I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 with 2GB ram but I believe a rubbish graphics card (not important to me). While I won't be moving to Vista as my main machine until it has settled down a bit, I have had time to test all the software I use and most likely bought a new computer - is it worth dual booting? Is it going to run on this sort of machine (hardly cutting edge).

Also, what sort of space am I going to need, and what would be the best way to create a partition on an active laptop without screwing everything up?

Thanks guys
                    I think it is definately worth dual booting.
                    Youll need about 1.2 GB for the Vista installation.
                    You could use partition magic to create the partition, on an active drive.
                    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Thanks Joe, really only 1.2GB? I assume I can boot from an external USB drive or can I?
                      Christopher Padfield
                      Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

Thanks Joe, really only 1.2GB? I assume I can boot from an external USB drive or can I?
                        What was i thinking when i wrote that i must have been half asleep.

System Req = 40 GB of hard drive capacity with 15 GB free space.

Yes, you can boot from an external USB drive, are you installing onto that?
                        MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                        Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

I can't go without sleep, cuz I feel asleep now. Bye.

I'm sleeping now... ZZZ,zzz
                          $post[signature]

Comment

If I can install onto an external USB drive then I will definitely try it out; trying to find a spare 15GB or so on my laptop drive would leave me rather close to comfort.
                            Christopher Padfield
                            Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

If I can install onto an external USB drive then I will definitely try it out; trying to find a spare 15GB or so on my laptop drive would leave me rather close to comfort.
                              You can install to an external USB drive. My first bug report was about installing to external drives. With the first few builds you couldn't install at all if you had a USB drive hooked up. That bug was fixed in beta 2. Beta 2 was the first build I was not only able to install with the USB drives hooked up, previously I would have to disconnect them and then connect them after install, I could install to the USB drives.
                              If you have an external drive give it a go.
                              Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

Thanks AWS. Will I need to use something like partition magic on the USB drive as well?
                                Christopher Padfield
                                Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X