Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often do you guys backup your vbulletin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often do you guys backup your vbulletin?

I do it every 10,000 posts. How about you guys?

My server automatically backs every user account over night, (backs up SQL, Files, Passwords etc (basically everything).

Comment

If you only backup every 10,000 posts, that means if you have a crash for ANY reason, you have lost somewhere between 1-10,000 posts, with the longer time between the last back-up meaning more posts lost.

There are several Threads here about setting up a chron job to do the back-up and I believe either here, or on vBulletin.org and maybe here as well, there are several automatic back-up scripts you could check out.

Unless you and your members just dont' care about losing 10,000 Posts, you really should adopt a better back-up schedule. It's, of course, your choice, however.

Regards,
      Slappy

Comment

10,000 posts could be once a day.

Comment

I back up dialy .. Using Databak. I usually keep the last weeks backups and delete the oldest ones regularly,
          Boards IrEland
          TopLists-add your site

Comment

I backup automatically twice a day (rolling backups) and once per week. My server is also backed up offsite once a day.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I set mine to do offsite backups every 30 minutes and keep them for 7 days back.

Comment

As often as I get online.
                Almost everyday.
                My forums are small, so upgrading is rather quick.
                Planning to make it every 2 days by cronjob, just didn't have time to set it up yet.
                *Insert text here* :)

Comment

7am CST every morning to a remote drive. We keep around 40 days worth of backups.
                  Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Daily backups using MySQLDumper. I don't have another account or server, so I backup to the www folder above the html_public one.
                    You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

Automatic rolling 9 history MySQLdump every 3 hours.
                      + daily automatic full backup stored off site

Regards
                      - TommyBALL
                      MCP / MCSA / MCSE / MCT
                      A few eggs short of a complete easter basket

vB 4.0.5+ CMS (No hacks), Windows Server 2008 R2 Ent, IIS 7.5, PHP 5.3+ (FastCGI), WinCache, Memcached, MySQL 5.1.45

Comment

Always daily.

Comment

Plesk create a scheduled backup daily at 3h30am GMT +1

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

Originally posted by PitchouneN64ngc View Post
                            Plesk create a scheduled backup daily at 3h30am GMT +1
                            What happens if someone hacks you at 3h25 am? and destroys everything by 29 minutes, that would cause it to backup well to nothing and cause you to have no backup

Comment

I backup daily off site.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X