Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue-inc
    replied
    I'm glad you can actually get away from your PC.
    For me, it's like an addiction. You seem like a nice bloke, good luck with your future endeavors.

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    I talked to Floris who had other ideas about another comp to give the license away in, which I agreed too. So yes, the cat comp is dropped now. And it will be a prize in another comp posted by Floris soon.

The main reasons why I made this decission is not so much for health reasons really, as touch wood I'm in good health. But because I work long hours and have other sporting activitys also, which leaves me no real time to run a site anymore, plus the interest had gone for me. But vBulletin is still the best forum software as far as I'm concerned.

the cats name was Molly

Leave a comment:

• simsim
    replied
    It was a kingly generosity from you Gary to give away the license for free. I 100% agree with you that running forums can be really tedious sometimes. I, myself, have been suffering neck & back pain lately due to several hours of sitting in front of the PC screen. I've been dealing with computers for two decades now, but I've never had any health problems of that kind until I decided to launch a discussion forum.

Anyway, is the cat name guessing part being completely dropped off, or you mean in this thread by 'now'?

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    The cat competition will not take place now, but the license it still being given away in a different competition that Floris is running on his site. I won't say what type of competition it will be, because I'm not sure if it has been announced by him yet.

Floris will now answer all question about this. But I hope the person who wins my license makes good use of it and has a successful forum. And even better if a person wins it who can't afford one.

Also, I'm not going anywhere. I will still be here posting on this site, just not running a forum board thats all.

Leave a comment:

• Chroder
    replied
    Sorry to see ya leave. Sometimes I think of closing up too, but something always pulls me back in But good luck in your future endeavors

Very kind of you to give away the license instead of selling it, no doubt it'll make someone who can't afford one very happy indeed

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    The give-away is being continued on www.vbulletin-fans.com in the form of a competition. The one here isn't valid and I am sorry to see you leave from running a forum. And I hop you can make someone happy by giving it away.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    I have no problem running a competition on our web site. But we're about to start one for november/december. Adding another one might be confusing. Unless you don't mind mixing it up or come up with an alternative?

I am sure we can work something out.

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    Yes, I don't have a problem with that. Floris can run it from there. And I will open a support ticket now.

I have also just PM'd Floris the answer to the cats name for the comp
    Last edited by MRGTB; Mon 6 Nov '06, 11:43am.

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    Personally I'd prefer if the competition could be on an inofficial site.
    Possibly Floris can run it on www.vbulletin-fans.com if that's ok with you.

Please open a support ticket so that we can verify the status of your license though.

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    Originally posted by NashTax View Post
    Here is my names.

Gary

Cat

Fluffy

Save your guesses until the official competition thread is posted by a member of staff. As I have to transfer the license details first, And it will be a member of staff here who will start the competition thread, not me. If it goes ahead and is OK will vBulletin first that is.

Thanks. Nice guess though

Leave a comment:

• WurkAnimal
    replied
    Here is my names.

Gary

Cat

Fluffy

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    Originally posted by Dean C View Post
    It was fun while it lasted eh You at school/college/uni Gary or are you older than I think ?
    I wish, I'm 42 in 5 days

Ok, no more asking for it please, and thanks for the info Floris, but I really am not bothered about selling it. I would sooner give a person a chance to own a full license who might not be able to afford one. So if it's ok with the staff here, This is what I want to do.

I want to hand over the forum license details to this site, who will then issue the license as a price themselves to the winner. And here is the compitition if it goes ahead and is OK with vBulletin to proceed.

I used to have a cat which I really liked. You have to guess the name of the cat to win the license. Each person can guess 3 names only, then your out. The person who posts the correct name first. Wins the license!

If this is OK with Floris, I will PM him the license details and name of my cat so he can spot the winner. Then he can start the compitition and announce the winner who post the name correct first. As I might not be here to spot the winner, so it's better a member of staff like Floris knows the correct cats name.
    Last edited by MRGTB; Mon 6 Nov '06, 11:18am.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Page
    replied
    Originally posted by Creepshow View Post
    I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands, Gary. I could really do with a new license for a Creepshow tribute website I'm in the process of building.
    I knew it wouldn't be long 'til somebody asked for it

Leave a comment:

• Dean C
    replied
    It was fun while it lasted eh You at school/college/uni Gary or are you older than I think ?

Leave a comment:

• Vile
    replied
    You gotta do what you gotta do, but sorry to see a regular member like you go :\

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X