No announcement yet.

Thats me finished with forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The give-away is being continued on www.vbulletin-fans.com in the form of a competition. The one here isn't valid and I am sorry to see you leave from running a forum. And I hop you can make someone happy by giving it away.

Comment

Sorry to see ya leave. Sometimes I think of closing up too, but something always pulls me back in But good luck in your future endeavors

Very kind of you to give away the license instead of selling it, no doubt it'll make someone who can't afford one very happy indeed

Comment

The cat competition will not take place now, but the license it still being given away in a different competition that Floris is running on his site. I won't say what type of competition it will be, because I'm not sure if it has been announced by him yet.

Floris will now answer all question about this. But I hope the person who wins my license makes good use of it and has a successful forum. And even better if a person wins it who can't afford one.

Also, I'm not going anywhere. I will still be here posting on this site, just not running a forum board thats all.

Comment

It was a kingly generosity from you Gary to give away the license for free. I 100% agree with you that running forums can be really tedious sometimes. I, myself, have been suffering neck & back pain lately due to several hours of sitting in front of the PC screen. I've been dealing with computers for two decades now, but I've never had any health problems of that kind until I decided to launch a discussion forum.

Anyway, is the cat name guessing part being completely dropped off, or you mean in this thread by 'now'?
          You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

I talked to Floris who had other ideas about another comp to give the license away in, which I agreed too. So yes, the cat comp is dropped now. And it will be a prize in another comp posted by Floris soon.

The main reasons why I made this decission is not so much for health reasons really, as touch wood I'm in good health. But because I work long hours and have other sporting activitys also, which leaves me no real time to run a site anymore, plus the interest had gone for me. But vBulletin is still the best forum software as far as I'm concerned.

the cats name was Molly

Comment

I'm glad you can actually get away from your PC.
              For me, it's like an addiction. You seem like a nice bloke, good luck with your future endeavors.
              Armored Vehicles . My Blog . Obama 2012 .

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X