Thats me finished with forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thats me finished with forums

Well, I sold my vBulletin owned license a while back to a person on this forum just before I went off-line back then. A few months later I came back and bought another owned license to try my hands again.

But after the last few months (been coming for a while really), I don't have neither the patients or interest anymore to try and run a site. It's simply to time consuming and requires to much effort and time adding content and so on to get members. You finish up living at the PC which is just not good for your health in the long-run.

I'll still hang around as I like this site from time to time, but as far as me running another site again, it's not going to happen ever. And before anybody says I will. Seriously, I've finished now with running sites and forums.

So much so, that I have an "owned vBulletin license" here, but I'm not sure if it's 3 months old yet (but I'm not after selling it though). If the staff agree, I'm willing to give the license away for free. In some sort of compitition that the staff here might arrange, with my license going to the winner.

If they don't see a problem with it, let me know. And please don't send me any PM's to buy it. I would sooner give it away as a prize in a compitition that the staff arrange!

I don't know if it is wise to mention this in public like this, I would have recommended to contact sales first to hear what your options are.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your not going to make websites anymore, Gary. Good luck what ever you do though!

Comment

*Drools*

Hmm...a license... May I have it please?

sorry to hear you leaving the webmastering community again Gary.
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands, Gary. I could really do with a new license for a Creepshow tribute website I'm in the process of building.
          "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

Let me know when you will be holding the competition.

Comment

You gotta do what you gotta do, but sorry to see a regular member like you go :\
              Webmaster / Administrator
              www.MegaGames.com
              www.MGForums.com

Comment

It was fun while it lasted eh You at school/college/uni Gary or are you older than I think ?
                Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Originally posted by Creepshow View Post
                  I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands, Gary. I could really do with a new license for a Creepshow tribute website I'm in the process of building.
                  I knew it wouldn't be long 'til somebody asked for it

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C View Post
                    It was fun while it lasted eh You at school/college/uni Gary or are you older than I think ?
                    I wish, I'm 42 in 5 days

Ok, no more asking for it please, and thanks for the info Floris, but I really am not bothered about selling it. I would sooner give a person a chance to own a full license who might not be able to afford one. So if it's ok with the staff here, This is what I want to do.

I want to hand over the forum license details to this site, who will then issue the license as a price themselves to the winner. And here is the compitition if it goes ahead and is OK with vBulletin to proceed.

I used to have a cat which I really liked. You have to guess the name of the cat to win the license. Each person can guess 3 names only, then your out. The person who posts the correct name first. Wins the license!

If this is OK with Floris, I will PM him the license details and name of my cat so he can spot the winner. Then he can start the compitition and announce the winner who post the name correct first. As I might not be here to spot the winner, so it's better a member of staff like Floris knows the correct cats name.
                    Last edited by MRGTB; Mon 6 Nov '06, 10:18am.

Comment

Here is my names.

Gary

Cat

Fluffy

Comment

Originally posted by NashTax View Post
                        Here is my names.

Gary

Cat

Fluffy

Save your guesses until the official competition thread is posted by a member of staff. As I have to transfer the license details first, And it will be a member of staff here who will start the competition thread, not me. If it goes ahead and is OK will vBulletin first that is.

Thanks. Nice guess though

Comment

Personally I'd prefer if the competition could be on an inofficial site.
                          Possibly Floris can run it on www.vbulletin-fans.com if that's ok with you.

Please open a support ticket so that we can verify the status of your license though.
                          Best Regards
                          Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Yes, I don't have a problem with that. Floris can run it from there. And I will open a support ticket now.

I have also just PM'd Floris the answer to the cats name for the comp
                            Last edited by MRGTB; Mon 6 Nov '06, 10:43am.

Comment

I have no problem running a competition on our web site. But we're about to start one for november/december. Adding another one might be confusing. Unless you don't mind mixing it up or come up with an alternative?

I am sure we can work something out.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X