What constitutes a 'big board'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dream View Post
    I's rather see quality boards instead of big boards.

Quality being good content, and users that get along well.
    I agree, but you're missing my point. See iBaker's post. That's what I'm talking about. 'Big', 'Large', etc. are being used as quantitative measures, but with no real guide as to what they are. I'm not interested in growing my board to a particular size, or getting it listed on Big Boards. I just want to know what server issues I might run into, or what mySQL optimizations I should consider. For that I need to know how my board compares to others, not on quality of content or layout, but on membership and forum usage, so that I can read the responses in these forums and be able to apply it in some way to my situation.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveAK View Post
      I just want to know what server issues I might run into, or what mySQL optimizations I should consider. For that I need to know how my board compares to others, not on quality of content or layout, but on membership and forum usage, so that I can read the responses in these forums and be able to apply it in some way to my situation.

actually, your easiest option is to find a handful of others with forums larger than yours and simply track the changes they make. I've got a couple I quietly track, and have learned from their decisions...

When it comes to server changes and optimizations, I've had no problem getting eva2000 to makes suggestions and recommendations, both to optimize my present setup and with regards to expansion in my hardware. Thus far, I've been very pleased with his recommendations, and I take advantage of his service every 4-6 months to ensure my system is as optimized as it can be. The options for MySql, php, etc and the hardware available change so quickly that following others may simply put you one step behind...constantly...

Comment

Actually in this context "big" is not a simple limit, but more "big" as in "it gets to big for the current server configuration to handle". As long as you don't have any problems, nothing needs to be done.
        Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X