X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freesteyelz
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveAK View Post
    and should you reach the 4th interview with the regional VP, then they will be in a Hawaiian shirt and shorts.
    Hahaa. I'd like to see these "Hawaiian" shirts. What the tourists wear and what I see on the mainland are not the typical Hawaiian/Aloha attire. Even, we in Hawaii, have our standards.

Leave a comment:

• Chroder
    replied
    Be early, but not too early! Being late is bad, but being too early is just as bad. It makes you seem like you have nothing better to do then to mope around waiting. 10 mins sounds good.

Or so Digg has told me with countless interview articles promoted to homepage <G>

Leave a comment:

• Incendium
    replied
    Unless otherwise specified, I would just wear business casual. I wore to my interview what I wear to work everyday, which is a nice shirt (in my case, a short sleeved polo with a white undershirt), black slacks, and dress shoes.

I know that when I got an interview at Fry's the told me what to wear, but if they don't, you should always wear something that looks professional.

Leave a comment:

• DaveAK
    replied
    I just went for an interview a week ago and the first thing the guy said to me was "Leather shoes. That's a plus right there." Too many candidates in Nike's it seems. It really does come down to the place you're applying to, and the position. For a sales position at Office Max I'd suggest dress shirt, tie, good pants and good shoes. It's a pretty rigourous interview if they check your underwear, so those tatty Sponge Bob ones should be OK.

Now if you're applying to Trader Joe's I have it on good authority that under NO circumstances should you wear a tie to the interview, and should you reach the 4th interview with the regional VP, then they will be in a Hawaiian shirt and shorts.

Leave a comment:

• Freesteyelz
    replied
    I'm sorry ManagerJosh. Your post = out of context. If I had not read your previous posts (in conjunction with Dean's) I would have taken your last post another way.

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Don't wear anything at all. I'm serious. That's a good way of annoying your potential employer.

Leave a comment:

• Dean C
    replied
    Originally posted by ManagerJosh View Post
    I second what Dean says. But also make sure you aren't wearing any piercings, crazy jewelry, cologne/perfume and make sure you are very well groomed.
    Nothing wrong with a bit of cologne, but nothing overbearing.

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Originally posted by Dean C View Post
    Wear a suit. No ifs or buts.
    I second what Dean says. But also make sure you aren't wearing any piercings, crazy jewelry, cologne/perfume and make sure you are very well groomed.

Leave a comment:

• Quillz
    replied
    Originally posted by markov View Post
    Formal dress will add the value to your candidature.
    While this is usually true, dress is only part of the process.

Leave a comment:

• markov
    replied
    Formal dress will add the value to your candidature.

Leave a comment:

• Chousho
    replied
    Originally posted by Quillz View Post
    Just don't go naked.
    Depends on what the job is ;D

Leave a comment:

• Joe Page
    replied
    Formal trousers and a nice shirt, basically formal dress

Leave a comment:

• Freesteyelz
    replied
    Well, unless the full monty is in the job description; then sure, it's all good.

Originally posted by Cary
    I don't see a need for a suit.
    I agree with your post. I just wanted to add: In most cases (even for CEO, COO, President positions and on down...) a suit isn't (always) necessary. Just dress the part.

Leave a comment:

• Quillz
    replied
    Just don't go naked.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Nothing wrong with dressing nicely, no need for a sports jacket, but a shirt tie and pants are not overkill.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X