Job Interview Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Interview Question

I'm 17 and I have a job interview with OfficeMax on Monday.

I am applying for a position as a Sales Associate.

Could someone please tell me what would be appropriate to wear for the interview?

Thanks.

Wear jeans that your mom approves of. This means don't wear baggy, torn, or dirty pants. Where a respectable shirt, not one that has a huge graphic or profanity. Make sure you're facial hair is shaved or not scraggly. It's probably good to wear clean shoes as opposed to a dirty pair.

Comment

Originally posted by mdougal View Post
      I'm 17 and I have a job interview with OfficeMax on Monday.

I am applying for a position as a Sales Associate.

Could someone please tell me what would be appropriate to wear for the interview?

Thanks.
      Wear a suit. No ifs or buts.
      Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

I have to agree with dean, at least to a certin extent.

Where a dress shirt, wear a tie if possible, wear dress pants. Do not go in jeans, a hoodie, or anything you wouldnt want your grandmother to see.

Only other things I can give you advise on is be early, 10-15-25 min at least. If you cannot make it, let them know as far ahead of time as possible. And do not lie about why you cannot.

So far both real interviews in my life I went dressed in very nice clothing and both times got the job. Dressing to impress them is called for.

Comment

Definitely. You always want to dress up (but do not over dress); your attire should match the job dress code you're applying for. Aside from the button-down shirt (with or without tie) and slacks another appropriate attire is a polo cut shirt and slacks.

Zachery brought up an excellent point; be early! Your promptness shows responsibility. Plus, you'll have time to go over the interview. You will already have the pressure so rushing will not help your cause at all.

Since this is about the attire I'll leave it at that. Have faith in yourself and you'll do great!

Comment

I haven't gone to a job interview yet where I didn't wear dress casual: khaki pants, long-sleeved shirt of some variety, and not usually even a tie. I've gotten all the jobs.

It's not a matter of what you wear, it's how communicate. Exude confidence and you win in any situation.
            --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
            Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
            vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

ah, memories. the last time I applied for a job, I wrote at the very end of my CV: "PS: I'm a really nice guy ". yes, with a smiley. I also came to the job interview dressed in a punk outfit and my hair dyed green . and yes, I got the job. I still work there. a lead landscape designer in a large design studio.

Comment

I agree with others. Dress nice, but don't over dress. If I had a interview at OfficeMax, I'd probably wear Khakis with a nice polo, tucked in... but that's just me. I don't see a need for a suit.

Comment

Nothing wrong with dressing nicely, no need for a sports jacket, but a shirt tie and pants are not overkill.

Comment

Just don't go naked.
                    Forums

Comment

Well, unless the full monty is in the job description; then sure, it's all good.

Originally posted by Cary
                      I don't see a need for a suit.
                      I agree with your post. I just wanted to add: In most cases (even for CEO, COO, President positions and on down...) a suit isn't (always) necessary. Just dress the part.

Comment

Formal trousers and a nice shirt, basically formal dress

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz View Post
                          Just don't go naked.
                          Depends on what the job is ;D

Comment

Formal dress will add the value to your candidature.

Comment

Originally posted by markov View Post
                              Formal dress will add the value to your candidature.
                              While this is usually true, dress is only part of the process.
                              Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X