vBulletin 3.6.2 Tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin 3.6.2 Tutorial

I run a forum on behalf of a motor caravan organisation in Lancashire, UK and most of the users are elderly and are used to just having a front page with large buttons to click things to see what's happening. The organisation wanted to modernise and become more "instant" and interactive.

However, most of the users are struggling to use the forum as they don't know what does what.

Does anyone know someone who has, or have you, made a tutorial on how to use vBulletin 3.6.2 that I can point people to?
    [URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]Aviation Web[/URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]

No, but for the non savy you can go along way by renaming some buttons.

New Thread > Add Topic / New Topic
    Post Reply > Add Reply / Reply

Getting rid of the word thread in general too, changing it to topic(s) where applicalbe.

Comment

If you made some tutorials for newcomers could you be so kind to publish it on vbulletin-tutorials.com so we can grow the database? This way we also know what FAQ to build for newcomers or what suggestions there might be to the already build in faq of vb. Note: vbtutor is not an official vbulletin site! Just my hobby site that we're trying to get of the ground.

Comment

Would love to see something like this built as a plugin/product (should be part of the base I think) and adapted in to the online FAQ.
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        Running custom version of vBulletin based on v4.2.5
        PHP 7.4.14 :: MariaDB 10.5.8

Comment

I think harmor (a member of these forums) has made some nice flash videos on some vBulletin aspects.
          You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

Originally posted by 1QuickSI View Post
            Would love to see something like this built as a plugin/product (should be part of the base I think) and adapted in to the online FAQ.
            vBulletin already has a build in FAQ manager - which is pretty dynamic to add and manage your own categories and sections and items.

Comment

Originally posted by 1QuickSI View Post
              Indeed

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X