Good affordable Camera?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good affordable Camera?

I'm jumping into the market of digital cameras looking for an SLR at or under $500. I've been reading alot on Canon, but Nikon seems to run more in the family.

Can anybody suggest a good camera that has image stabilization, as I don't feel like carrying around a *pod around along with a bag. As far specs, as long as it's around 5 Megapixels with a decent sensor I don't have too much of a problem. I don't plan on blowing these pics up too much anyway.

I am using canon. It's best. It's pictures are very clear and you can easily transfer them too

Comment

I'm a long-time confirmed Canon person. Nothing against Nikon either. Both manufacturers make excellent cameras.

I currently have a slighly older Canon S-500 (5 Mpix) and bought a Canon 20D last year and am still learning it many 1000's of pictures later though I lust for the 30D with the much larger display A buddy of mine recently upgraded from a Canon S-400 to one of the newer Canon S-series and is very happy with it. Can't remember which model, but it does have image stabilization.

Comment

If you have no attachment to either line of cameras (as in you haven't invested money in lenses), then you can't go wrong with either brand. My only advice is to see what's comes out in Q1 of 2007 so you can get the benefits of the newest technology.

I have a Nikon D50 (and I use Nikon D70, Canon Digital Rebel XT, and Nikon D100 on a regular basis for my "job"). I think that the controls on the Nikons are far superior than that of the Canon, but otherwise they are all great cameras because when it comes down to it, the lenses are what really make a DSLR. You will probably be looking at the Nikon D50 (entry-level DSLR) and the Canon 350D.
        Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

I think Kier, Vile, Scott and a bunch of other amateur/professional photographers here at the forums prefer Canon SLRs. I happen to prefer Canon SLRs myself, if they weren't so darn expensive. .
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Canon Camera Photo Gallery.. check out some here.
            TechArena - TechArena Community - News - Download - Video - Guide - Review

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X