No announcement yet.

MacBook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After about 4 months of thinking about it, I have decided to get a Mac Pro for business and fun . I believe that it offers the best of both worlds and the software available on the Mac side is second to none especially Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro.

I'm really starting to look forward to getting it as it has been more than 4 years since I last a Mac.

Comment

I can't really justify the cost of a macbook pro...but the macbook I can. I would love for the macbook to have the C2D...but ehh...I might have to wait until spring for it.

Comment

In theory, if Apple designed them properly, you should be able to just drop in your own Core 2 Duo; that's how my laptop is as well (Dell XPS M1210). It won't be cost-efficient, though.
        --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
        Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
        vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

The one thing I still can't stand about Mac laptops to this day: their screen resolution. I can configure a system from Dell with a 12.1" screen that's 1280 x 800, or a 13" with 1440 x 900. Macs are 13" and 15", respectively, for the same resolution, without even an option to go a step up in resolution. My eyes can take it and I want the option. If they offered a very high resolution like 1920 x 1200 in a 15" screen, it would be very, very tempting, almost regardless of the rest of the specs.

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1 View Post
            In theory, if Apple designed them properly, you should be able to just drop in your own Core 2 Duo; that's how my laptop is as well (Dell XPS M1210). It won't be cost-efficient, though.
            I'm not sure what the deal is with the laptops but with the Mac Pro you can certainly upgrade the CPU (they are compatible with the new Kentsfield Xeon according to a few respected PC hardware websites).

Comment

I mean it won't be cost-efficient to drop in a new one; they're something like $400 and you'll be stuck with a Core Duo CPU doing nothing after that.

Having said that, I might put a Core 2 Duo in my laptop in a year or so when it's cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1 View Post
                A bit off topic, but do you know if the Inspiron E1405 (which originally shipped with a Core Duo) allows you to drop in a Core 2 Duo?
                Forums

Comment

No idea; all the M1210 required was a BIOS update, and that's what Intel says about virtually all Core Duo setups. The BIOS update was available even before the Core 2 Duo (Merom; the mobile one) was available to the public.

Comment

For that matter, they released a new BIOS just a few days ago for mine: http://support.dell.com/support/down...&fileid=181593 . Too bad it requires Windows to flash it, unless it's possible to boot off a USB flash drive or SD card or something.

Comment

Originally posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
                      I can't really justify the cost of a macbook pro...but the macbook I can. I would love for the macbook to have the C2D...but ehh...I might have to wait until spring for it.
                      MacBook Core2Duo is out. Have fun doing your personal Thanksgiving shopping ;-)

Comment

I've skipped the mac book .. and went with dual xeon each with dualcore,my pc is 99% dead .. it only boots livecds -
                        I've made my switch from Windows to Mac 100% now. No more windows for me. I'm selling my Win32 OS and other software licenses when I am done transferring and restoring data.

http://digg.com/apple/Switched_to_Ma...h_CSS_Lightbox

Comment

Thats exactly what I will be doing. I'm just waiting for the quad core Mac Pros to come out to buy one. 8 CPU computer, sounds pretty sweet to me .

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar View Post
                            I'm waiting for the Core 2 Duo Macbook to replace my aging G4 800mz iBook. I suspect it will be once Leopard is out since I dont want to have to pay for an OS upgrade too.

At the moment I have a shiny new Dell machine, wish I could have justified the extra but when you get a Core 2 Duo 2.4ghz, 2 GB ram and a 320GB SATA for a little over £600 its easy to see why Dell are more popular.
                            Have fun with your new MB C2D if you buy it

I picked up a MacBook Pro C2D and its very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Cromulent View Post
                              Thats exactly what I will be doing. I'm just waiting for the quad core Mac Pros to come out to buy one. 8 CPU computer, sounds pretty sweet to me .
                              That was a plan I was hoping for in November, but a) the PC thought otherwise and b) there's no set time for this, could be March 2007, oh and c) quad might be a bit overkill for what I am doing with a system. It's already not yet fully utilized as it is right now anyway. Would have been sweet though ;D
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Floris; Thu 23 Nov '06, 2:41am.

Comment

Sorry to bump this topic but rather than create a new topic.

I'm getting a NEW macbook pro today. :-)

The 15.4" Intel Core Duo 2 (2.33Ghz)

I'm really looking forward to it and awaiting any noise at the door.
                                Best Regards,

Matthew M (matius4)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X