MacBook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MacBook

Are Apple Computers good? Like I am looking at getting a MacBook Pro for non gaming

I personally like Apple Computers...I have to get a new computer in the near future and that's the direction I'm heading...

Comment

I would prefer to run Mac OS X on my PC. The hardware is nothing special (not that it's bad, but it's just generic PC hardware now that's good-looking), but Mac OS X is the only reason to use a Mac.

If I had the $2000 and could justify the cost for hardware that's $500 more than a comparatively priced build-it-yourself system, I would get a Mac to replace my desktop.
      --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
      Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
      vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1 View Post
        I would prefer to run Mac OS X on my PC.
        Is that legal ?
        Italian Body Building & Fitness : www.BodyWeb.com
        Italian unofficial support Forum : www.vBulletin.it

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio68 View Post
          Is that legal ?
          No.
          Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Weapon-x View Post
            Are Apple Computers good? Like I am looking at getting a MacBook Pro for non gaming
            I consider myself a "Mac maniac" and I use just Mac as desktop and Linux as server.
            I got some Mac and one Mac Book Pro (the one I'm writing now) and I use at home with a 30'' apple monitor connected, keyboard and mouse, pretty much I can't tell I'm working on a laptop (2 gigas RAM).

I could go on and on for pages but I'll say, it's a Mac, try it.

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1 View Post
              I would prefer to run Mac OS X on my PC. The hardware is nothing special (not that it's bad, but it's just generic PC hardware now that's good-looking), but Mac OS X is the only reason to use a Mac.
              Other than legal or not (that's your business) I'm fine with Mac hardware couse if something goes wrong I just pick up the phone and ask for a free new piece that is delivered at full throttle speed, not too meny question asked too

Comment

To be clear, I don't run Mac OS X except for on my actual Mac (PowerMac G4 Cube, 500 MHz).

I've almost never had a part of my computer die anyway, and if I did and got it replaced for free (assuming the part wasn't under warranty as it is), I would still have saved money. I'm not saying Mac hardware is bad; it's just still too expensive for what you get.
                --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

I am looking to pick up a Macbook Pro this weekend. I'll tell you how it is.

Comment

Get one of these babies

http://www.betanews.com/article/Appl...Duo/1161707060
                    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

The only thing that makes my sick about Apple is that they release a new and better product shortly after I bought it.
                      I bought the iPod mini, shortly after that the new iPod mini came out. Same with my iMac...
                      That's the end of that!

Comment

MrNase, I'm sure it's nothing personal

I'm looking at a macbook pro at the moment, still saving up though!

Ollie
                        GoXplore! | The Big Design Company | Athena Protects

Comment

Any intel core duo machine or better is very good quality for a laptop or a mac book (pro). Recently they've been upgraded to core 2 duo merom and that is REALLY what you want. You can expect them spring 2007 to perhaps go core 2 quad for the laptop, but I find that hard to believe. Sounds like overkill for a laptop. I can see the imac go core 2 quad halfway november, or hte mac pro receiving an update with 2x xeon quad core chips. And the imac following around the 10.5 release. I think right now is the right time to finally buy the intel powerbook from mac. The mac book pro. They put back the missing firewire 800, the missing dvi-d and they come stock with 1gb ram and a bigger hard drive. You're basically buying a desktop pc that performs really well ... in the form of a laptop. If you are not looking for portable, get the imac 24", if you are looking for a portable device get the mac book pro. If you want to save money, get the 20" imac or the mac book -but it just won't be the same. What I'd like to see change in the imac 24" is a better videocard by default and upgrade to 7900 one as option. And have dvi-d so a 30" can be connected instead of 24" mac as second monitor. And so we dont have to buy a mini-dvi to dvi. Hell, even the laptop one has dvi-d! It's now already an option to invest in a stock 750gb hd, which is nice for imac because there is no space in the machine to add another one. And I like a clean desktop, so having 4 usb hard drives sitting below it and a bunch of wires isn't what I am looking for. So yeah, get the imac if it has what you're looking for and you also want to game in a big monitor in windows and mac. And for serious gamer get the mac pro of course as it has hte option to go ati x1900xtB >ut I think now is the time to get the mac book pro. It has everything the top line powerbook used to have, and a high end core 2 duo merom chip.

Comment

I'm waiting for the Core 2 Duo Macbook to replace my aging G4 800mz iBook. I suspect it will be once Leopard is out since I dont want to have to pay for an OS upgrade too.

At the moment I have a shiny new Dell machine, wish I could have justified the extra but when you get a Core 2 Duo 2.4ghz, 2 GB ram and a 320GB SATA for a little over £600 its easy to see why Dell are more popular.
                            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

When can I come and pick up that old iBook Scott?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X