Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I HATE PAYPAL!!!! [email protected]#$%^ stupid PAYPAL!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I HATE PAYPAL!!!! [email protected]#$%^ stupid PAYPAL!!!!

Yes read all about it here...

http://forums.worldsims.org/showthre...newpost&t=9931

[email protected]#$%^&^ PAYPAL. I HATE THEM!!
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

I sympathize, but:
    1. I wouldn't consider legal action for $40, $400, or perhaps even $4000. Sure, there's a moral ground, but you'll be out far more after legal fees.
    2. If it's illegal funds, PayPal has no choice but to retract the payment. I do wish they offered some protection for sellers, though.
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

I try to use PayPal as little as possible, myself.
      Forums

Comment

Who are you thinking of filing legal action against?

I think E-Bay owns PayPal now. I'm just saying...

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1 View Post
          I sympathize, but:
          1. I wouldn't consider legal action for $40, $400, or perhaps even $4000. Sure, there's a moral ground, but you'll be out far more after legal fees.
          That's the part of the problem Filburt. The fact that the amount is so little, they aren't going to put in effort to fight on my behalf. And at the same time, they won't let me fight the case to the fullest of my ability. Unless I retain council, there's no way they are going to take me seriously or really pursue the issue.
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Find 15,000 other people who feel like you, everybody put in $5 and start a class action suit?

Comment

Ooh class action. Will it end up on Judge Judy?

Comment

No, simply because Judge Judy does not handle class action-type cases as far as I remember (granted I haven't watched her show in years). Gotta love her style, however.

@ManagerJosh: OK, so you got dealt with crap; life suck sometimes. I feel for you (and you seem like an honest and good person). I wonder, however, if you move ahead with legal action would it be your worthwhile in the end? Unfortunately, there will be times when you'll have to suck in your principles (even if you're in the right); is the time now?

You're young and in the years to come you'll probably face bigger battles. Chalk this up as a learning experience. With that said, whatever you decide good luck to you.

Comment

Just because I get dealt crap doesn't mean I have to eat it.

Comment

Sometimes you'll stick with your principles; and there will be times to let matters go.

I'm not trying to drop the bomb on you or discourage you from doing what you need to do. If I didn't feel for you, I wouldn't have bothered to post. I just wanted to give you some things to think about.

Comment

Am I reading this right? You are getting all worked up over someone who donated $10 to you and then changed his mind? $10 man, geez, try getting a chargeback of $2.5k, then I can understand your grief.
                      Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Problem is Dean, that everything I'm already running things at barely breakeven, and I'm having to loose a 20.00 donation, PLUS now I have to pay 20.00 to PayPal to cover "administrative" costs incurred cause the idiot did a chargeback.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C View Post
                          Am I reading this right? You are getting all worked up over someone who donated $10 to you and then changed his mind? $10 man, geez, try getting a chargeback of $2.5k, then I can understand your grief.
                          One could do a lot of $2 donations and then do a chargeback Dean, result is you loose those times $2 donations, and pay $10 for each chargeback, ending up paying paypal money for not protecting you. THAT is a problem that even over $2 you're not happy with. Each chargeback over $2 ends up missing $12.

But Josh, this is something that happens to everybody, don't worry .. it will happen more. And you will pay $10 each time it happens. That's the downside of fraud and stolen credit cards, etc. Even if it is a donation, charity or otherwise. PayPal makes money when this happens, so surely they have no interest in improving this service; that is at least certainly not the impression they are giving me.
                          Last edited by Floris; Tue 24 Oct '06, 4:40am.

Comment

Who else offers a similar if not better service?
                            [URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]Aviation Web[/URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]

Comment

Originally posted by Neal-UK View Post
                              Who else offers a similar if not better service?
                              WebMoney is the safest and the best-featured service I have ever seen.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X