Ps3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ps3

What do you think of it? Think's it's really goona be worth $600+?

I mean to me it seems alright but still... I think 600+ bucks is a little to high same with games 60+ bucks

To be the new "Gaming Generation" Console things its gonna have to be good

I think the Wii and Xbox 360 are going to beat the PS3. I would never spend $600 on a gaming console.
    Forums

Comment

The PS3 is a joke. That is all.
      --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
      Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
      vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1 View Post
        Hardly a balanced argument or statement at all, and quite wrong.

PS has the library and fan base to retain market share and contend against 360 easily, if not push them back. Wii is more of a gaming experience type choice.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1 View Post
          I don't think it's a complete joke, but between the humorous press conference and the pricing, PS3 just seems like Sony itself will be its biggest flaw.
          Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
            Hardly a balanced argument or statement at all, and quite wrong.

PS has the library and fan base to retain market share and contend against 360 easily, if not push them back. Wii is more of a gaming experience type choice.
            that "fanbase" you're talking about have alread ditched PS in favor of Xbox. not to mention that very few will be prepared to shell out $600+ for the ugly console and $70+ for games

Comment

I am a big fan of the PS2 but I will buy a Wii first and the PS3 once they are cheaper.

600 EUR (around 752 USD) is a lot of money and for me it's just not worth it.
              That's the end of that!

Comment

Originally posted by Kanoy123 View Post
                What do you think of it? Think's it's really goona be worth $600+?

I mean to me it seems alright but still... I think 600+ bucks is a little to high same with games 60+ bucks

To be the new "Gaming Generation" Console things its gonna have to be good
                With possible european delays, and no import of consoles support, with everything on the side costing quite a bit of money and games up to $60 each. Possible overheating problems. No, of course not. That said, let's give it a try and see how it goes. Let Asia find the first generation issues and help cheapen the price. Once it drops around $300 and good games around $30 I will see .. at that time I probably also have a 1080p hd-tv to go with it anyway.

Right now with all the blunders from sony and high prices (which are understandable for such a machine but HEY we are talking kids gaming here!) . I rather wait a bunch of years.

I always thought playstation one and two were good enough and affordable and a good competitor versus xbox. The 360 has won this round.

I actually believe that if someone doesn't want an xbox they will find the wii a reasonable alternative for that money - which might be the blow that sony has to deal with in the long run. I think everybody who's sony playstation fan will either wait - or get the next gen PSP. Or switch to xbox 360 when the HD dvd is included and prices are dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by Greps View Post
                  that "fanbase" you're talking about have alread ditched PS in favor of Xbox. not to mention that very few will be prepared to shell out $600+ for the ugly console and $70+ for games
                  That is very much wrong. Why would anyone want to pay $400 or how much for an even uglier console, no next-gen media built-in, and subpar games?

Originally posted by Quillz View Post
                  I think the Wii and Xbox 360 are going to beat the PS3. I would never spend $600 on a gaming console.
                  People seem to forget that the PS2 cost like $500 when it was first out. The price dropped by $200 within a few months.

I have a 32" 1080i TV (tho Ill run HD content on 720p) ready for the PS3 and TES IV: Oblivion =D
                  Ofc I won't get it on launch, Ill let Sony weed out the child diseases on its online service and the first two-three shipments of consoles, then sweep in and grab the console when there's a few more good games out.

Even though M$ frantically tries to revive HD-DVD by making it an external device (and, to the launch buyers dismay, make another version with it incorporated in a year or so Ill wager), Blu-Ray will almost definetely win the next-gen media war.
                  Quite simply because the PS3 is the first true next-gen console, utilising BR for their games. The 360 is a pathetic excuse for a next-gen console. They even had the nerve of calling it a next-gen media center, when it can't even play any next-gen media nor are their games next-gen.

Playstation fanboi =D

Comment

Here's hoping

Comment

Same. I may get the Wii.

Comment

Originally posted by Greps View Post
                        I know lots that paid $500 for a PS2, and the price will drop quickly after initial release for the PS3, and while the fan base will of been tempted by the 360, my feeling is most are holding out for the PS3, i.e. like me.
                        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                          I know lots that paid $500 for a PS2, and the price will drop quickly after initial release for the PS3, and while the fan base will of been tempted by the 360, my feeling is most are holding out for the PS3, i.e. like me.
                          The price of the PS3 will not drop quickly.
                          Sony is already taking a hit for the consoles with the current prices.
                          PS2 was a different story because it used standard DVDs.
                          The big problem with Blu-Ray is that it's a completely different manufacturing process so the cost of production for the PS3 itself is expensive.
                          This is also why there is a huge failure rate when it comes to production of the 50 GB Blu-Ray Discs.
                          Webmaster / Administrator
                          www.MegaGames.com
                          www.MGForums.com

Comment

yeah, by the time PS3 gets here, Microsoft will be out with Xbox 720 (or 360^2, whatever).

I almost collapsed in hysterics when I saw a PS3 pre-order booklet in one of the local shops with big letter printed on the front: "How Long Do You Dare To Wait?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Vile View Post
                              The price of the PS3 will not drop quickly.
                              Sony is already taking a hit for the consoles with the current prices.
                              PS2 was a different story because it used standard DVDs.
                              The big problem with Blu-Ray is that it's a completely different manufacturing process so the cost of production for the PS3 itself is expensive.
                              This is also why there is a huge failure rate when it comes to production of the 50 GB Blu-Ray Discs.
                              It's already dropped once to get competitive, and the life cycle of a consumer product dictates that it gets cheaper, that and that’s what my contacts at Sony said.

XBOX is haemorrhaging money to get into the market and PS as a brand and community has a big share to start with, let alone the library.

PS3 isn't blue-ray exclusively it does normal DVD as well.
                              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X