Clear All

• ultranet
    replied
    just downloaded.. cool new features...

Leave a comment:

• cirisme
    replied
    Originally posted by Shining Arcanine View Post
    I upgraded to Firefox 2.0. The session saver plugin does not work for it, but I found a way to enable Session Saver's functionality through Firefox 2.0's new session restore feature. Simply change browser.startup.page in about:config to 3, and Firefox will behavior like Firefox 1.5 with the session saver plugin. I also installed Firefox 1.5's theme because I find Firefox 2.0's theme aesthetically displeasing; anyone that feels similarly can get Firefox 1.5's theme for Firefox 2.0 at the following url:

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/3479/
    2.0 seems to have a session saver built in already... I crashed and when I opened Firefox it asked if I wanted to restore my session... handy.

GRR on Quicktime for crashing me though...

Leave a comment:

• simsim
    replied
    Button added to toolbar. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied
    Ctrl-B. There's a button you can add to the toolbar.

Leave a comment:

• simsim
    replied
    I know of no bookmarks sidebar in Firefox! Can you please tell me where I find it?

Anyway yes, if one uses a sidebar there would be no problem of course. However, if you want to access bookmarks from it's menu, Firefox doesn't provide drag & drop of links & folders & don't have the intelligent context-based hide feature that shows links bookmarks that you click on frequently.

Of course again, each to his own.

Edit: Never mind, I found the sidebar. Strange enough there's no icon for it in the toolbar, so one can easily toggle it on & off. Now it requires two clicks & a lot of action to do so. Even shortcut requires two clicks.
    Last edited by simsim; Sun 29th Oct '06, 5:38pm.

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied
    Originally posted by simsim View Post
    I strongly agree. Internet Explorer's favourites management is much better than Firefox's. I searched for a FF extension for it to no avail!
    I'm the exact opposite: I can't stand at all how IE manages favorites and think Firefox does a far better job except for persistent icon caching issues. Each to his own of course. I always have the Bookmarks Sidebar open when I use Firefox.

Leave a comment:

• Shining Arcanine
    replied
    Originally posted by Quillz View Post
    Why go through about:config when you can enable a seesion saver right in the Options menu?
    I had not realized that it was in the options menu when I was looking for a way to enable it.

Leave a comment:

• Quillz
    replied
    Why go through about:config when you can enable a seesion saver right in the Options menu?

Leave a comment:

• Shining Arcanine
    replied
    I upgraded to Firefox 2.0. The session saver plugin does not work for it, but I found a way to enable Session Saver's functionality through Firefox 2.0's new session restore feature. Simply change browser.startup.page in about:config to 3, and Firefox will behavior like Firefox 1.5 with the session saver plugin. I also installed Firefox 1.5's theme because I find Firefox 2.0's theme aesthetically displeasing; anyone that feels similarly can get Firefox 1.5's theme for Firefox 2.0 at the following url:

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/3479/

Leave a comment:

• Joe Page
    replied
    How do you make the address dropdown behave as links? Ever since I upgraded when I click the links it doesn't take me to it

Leave a comment:

• Pyro™
    replied
    The Spell Check Feature Is Great. I Am Using 2.0 Right Now, Excellent!

Leave a comment:

• simsim
    replied
    Originally posted by Bober42 View Post
    Now if I could find the autohide for bookmarks I would be happy..
    I strongly agree. Internet Explorer's favourites management is much better than Firefox's. I searched for a FF extension for it to no avail!

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    -P just change Firefox 2 to start with that then create a new profile.

Leave a comment:

• Bober42
    replied
    Originally posted by ultranet View Post
    does it work with roboform..?
    If you download the api http://www.roboform.com/browsers.html#browser_mozilla

Now if I could find the autohide for bookmarks I would be happy..

Leave a comment:

• ultranet
    replied
    does it work with roboform..?

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X