my site has been sold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my site has been sold

My host decided to sell out... he took my hosting package which was an arrange ment with him at a special price, i find today that my site was dead... unknowing to me in august he sells his hosting section or whatever part my site was on to dehe.com, the billing sections of the site where offline with the old host (solidhost.com) and thus were offline... i wanted to pay my server bill...he came onto msn...so i asked him... no reply... then today my site is gone, he tells me he sold it to dehe.com they suspend it or dev-null it because of non-payment i presume... the site is 5 years old and was/is a commercial site... i believe i was deliberatly ignored and not informed... the admin of solidhost tells me he sent several emails since august... not one entered my email box... now i have this...whats my rights? if any?... what to do..?

a) Are you down now and do you have a recent back up that you can restore to a new host to get yourself back up and running?

b) Talk to the new host, explain what happened, and see what needs to be done to get your data and get your site back online

c) If you have monetary damages, takes each party to court.
    Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

I am not sure of your rights, i am sure someone on this site will though, but i sure hope you had a recent backup..

Sorry to hear about this..
      MCSE, MVP, CCIE
      Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Yes i do have monetary damages to claim if they did what they did... i also made daily backups of my sites databases on the server... which i cannot log into...obviously...they killed that also... it's all on my server, if i had ftp access i could download it all including databases and start over...but alas i cannot at present...i have sent several emails to the old admin of SH and because of a few angry rants over at dehe i have been banned... ok fair enough... but i thought they would have been better about it... i just cannot believe whats going on here...

Comment

Get a laywer asap then and have them contact the new owners.
          Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Originally posted by minx View Post
            My host decided to sell out... he took my hosting package which was an arrange ment with him at a special price, i find today that my site was dead... unknowing to me in august he sells his hosting section or whatever part my site was on to dehe.com, the billing sections of the site where offline with the old host (solidhost.com) and thus were offline... i wanted to pay my server bill...he came onto msn...so i asked him... no reply... then today my site is gone, he tells me he sold it to dehe.com they suspend it or dev-null it because of non-payment i presume... the site is 5 years old and was/is a commercial site... i believe i was deliberatly ignored and not informed... the admin of solidhost tells me he sent several emails since august... not one entered my email box... now i have this...whats my rights? if any?... what to do..?
            Unbelievable.
            That's why I always prefere to own domain name AND server, no surprise, may be some trouble, but nothing like that.
            The only server I had outside has been stolen when I broke a contract and now I'm dealing with a bunch of layers hoping to have it back
            Italian Body Building & Fitness : www.BodyWeb.com
            Italian unofficial support Forum : www.vBulletin.it

Comment

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra View Post
              Get a laywer asap then and have them contact the new owners.
              Agreed. It's ridiculously immoral, not to mention illegal, for him to sell your own site.
              --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
              Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
              vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Very, sorry to hear about your troubles, hope your site gets back online soon.

Comment

Please take a look at the thread below.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...highlight=dehe

Hope that helps.
                  DMCTalk.com forums - For DeLorean owners and enthusiasts.

Comment

Originally posted by iardon View Post
                    Please take a look at the thread below.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...highlight=dehe

Hope that helps.
                    Nice find.

Comment

Sites still dead, had a few emails from Greg at dehe saying he's still trying to 'track down my site' i have given him the info i hope now but as yet nothing, apparently i should have recieved some emails explaining the move/takeover... not one came into my webmaster box on the dead site... and none on my other site which is live and working... surely if i missed a server payment or was late i'd have a reminder notice or something?... it wouldn't just be 'auto-deleted' i was peeved that i was ignored on msn about payments... i dunno... i had a custom deal with SH which Greg at dehe said he'll honour... we'll see, no good if i havent got a site anymore...

Comment

Sounds pretty despicable to be honest

Comment

Originally posted by minx View Post
                          surely if i missed a server payment or was late i'd have a reminder notice or something?...
                          Are you saying you rely on late notices to know when your bill is due? If this is the case then you were the one in the wrong and I hope you learned your lesson so you don't have to inconvenience these people again. If you infact keep track of when your bill is due and you were paying it on time then they were in the wrong unless they have proof that they e-mailed you to inform you. If they didn't then I don't see how dehe.com would be at fault since they acquired SH which leaves SH liable for informing it's customers and making sure things transfer over smoothly (unless SH has it specified in their EULA that you're at your own risk in which case you're better off starting over new). Print out a copy of the EULA that you agreed to and bring it to a lawyer or atleast scan it over to make sure they were in the wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by KuJoe View Post
                            Are you saying you rely on late notices to know when your bill is due? If this is the case then you were the one in the wrong and I hope you learned your lesson so you don't have to inconvenience these people again.
                            Inconvenienced them?...
                            http://forums.solidhost.com/showthread.php?t=364

No i don't rely on that... did i say i asked the SH admin on msn about my bill?... too forward perhaps?... should i have actually GOT a reminder instead of NOTHING?... tell me again... who was Inconvenienced ?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X