Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you have a vbulletin built in chatroom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you have a vbulletin built in chatroom?

IS this possible or no?

Yes, they have a bunch over at vbulletin.org.
    last + blue = lsatblu

Tales Otaku Admin - Tales Forums Admin

Comment

IRC chats are the best
      MCSE, MVP, CCIE
      Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund View Post
        IRC chats are the best
        whats that?

Comment

Originally posted by trd167 View Post
          whats that?
          Internet Relay Chat (IRC) is one of the most popular and most interactive services on the Internet. Sure, the Web is nice for finding info and E-mail beats snailmail hands down, but when you've been wondering 'where the others are?', then IRC is what you're looking for. IRC is the net's equivalent of CB radio. But unlike CB, Internet Relay Chat lets people all over the world participate in real-time conversations. IRC is where the Net comes alive!

http://www.mirc.com/irc.html

Comment

Doesn't IRC mod for vBulletin though require people to download a java plug-in to use it on other sites. I know when I have visited other vbulletin sites with IRC mod installed. It always asks me, do I agree to install the Java plug-in. I'm not keen on installing it so I choose no.

Thats the only downfall to the IRC vbulletin mod, but I agree that IRC is very good though, as I've used the mIRC program in the past.

Comment

vb irc? irc.vbirc.com

Comment

I yet have to find a working PJIRC (or alternative) integration with vB 3.6 that has settings and user permissions

Comment

You can control the usergroup permissions by adding a simple plugin, or just if conditionals in the template.
                  The params from their example index.html file can be copied into a new vb template, and point misc.php to this and you're done. It is really easy to integrate.

Comment

Originally posted by Greps View Post
                    I yet have to find a working PJIRC (or alternative) integration with vB 3.6 that has settings and user permissions
                    http://forum.pjirc.com/viewtopic.php?t=3371

works fine with 3.6

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X