Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am sure!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I am sure!!!

    Continue the topic above, I am sure that the customer of Jelsoft ENterprise will increase several times next year, providing that most of the IPB user will switch to this vBulletin powerful forum software.

    Why?

    As you see, the cheapest price of IPB now is $149, and what customer will get? slower support than Jelsoft and lower upgrade time ( only 6 month ). WHat is the point to choose IPB if I can choose vBulletin with just more $11!!! Furthermore, IPB only have a more beautiful template and a tidier ACP.. But I believe vB new version can improve this matter.

    I wll see how IPS come down and the customer of Jelsoft increase!!!

  • #2
    $69 is cheapest for IPB

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ~Biker~ View Post
      $69 is cheapest for IPB
      Not any more.

      They announced the price change not too long ago. I think it goes into effect in a month or so (not sure).
      Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Onimua View Post
        Not any more.

        They announced the price change not too long ago. I think it goes into effect in a month or so (not sure).
        Hmm.. For yearly? if so what will it be? I havn't heard about this.

        Comment


        • #5
          If they can't compete price-wise, I think they will lose a lot of clients to vBulletin.

          Comment


          • #6
            Let me give a quote for you to see what IPS said :

            New Pricing for Invision Power Board

            To simplify our pricing structure and offer continued product and support enhancements we have implemented a change to our pricing and license structure.

            Gone are the Yearly and Perpetual license purchase options which caused much confusion as their differences were not often clear.

            This new structure will allow for technical support and services at the higher Business License level for those that need more help. For those customers who are comfortable managing the software and need minimal technical support &#8211 the Standard License is available at a lower cost.

            The new license options are as follows:
            • Standard License - $149.00 / optional 6 month renewal at $25.00
              • Includes 6 months of support and upgrades with 30 days phone support
              • Two business day guaranteed ticket response time
              • One installation of the software included
              • Major software upgrades installed within 5 days of request
              • Minor upgrades via easy upgrade pack
            • Business License - $299.00 / optional 6 month renewal at $50.00
              • Includes 6 months of support, upgrades, and phone support
              • One business day ticket response time
              • One installation of the software included
              • Major and minor software upgrades installed within 3 days of request
            • Enterprise License - Contact Us
              • Pricing and options vary based on needs
              • Support available 24 hours a day with response time SLA available
            Existing Customers

            Existing customers will be impacted in the following ways:
            • Lifetime License holders will see no change to their service. Lifetime License holders will still receive technical support and upgrades.
            • Perpetual License holders will see no change to their service. Upgrades will still be made available and support renewal will continue at the current, yearly rate.
            • Yearly License holders will not be able to renew at their current rate when their year has expired. Instead, the license will be be renewed at $25 every 6 months when their current term expires. Any customers currently on a Yearly License who wish to upgrade to a Perpetual License please contact customer service by October 1, 2006 to request this change.
            IP.Community Suite

            In addition to the IP.Board license options outline above, you will be able to purchase our entire suite of community products - IP.Board, IP.Gallery, IP.Blog - for a significant discount off purchasing them separately. The community suite will be available, under the Standard License, for $249.00 plus the regular $25.00 ever six months.
            added Red word see how it was so sux
            Last edited by monky91; Sat 14th Oct '06, 11:24pm.

            Comment


            • #7
              Sounds great... for vBulletin

              BUT I have searched IPS' website and forums and found nothing about this... Where did you find this?
              http://helpmegetamac.net/blackapple.gif MacBook Pro 15.4" Core2Duo 2.33GHz.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by JPT62089 View Post
                Sounds great... for vBulletin

                BUT I have searched IPS' website and forums and found nothing about this... Where did you find this?
                http://forums.invisionpower.com/inde...owtopic=226814

                IPS is a great product and if they feel they need to increase their prices, let them.
                ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

                Comment


                • #9
                  I can remember when I used to use IPB. I hated it :P

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thats way to high for IPB, just looked into there socaled great 2.2, not all that really..

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      "Slower support?" I have used IPB and vB for over a year now, and both offer very detailed, quick support. And, no, I highly doubt that most current users of IPB will move to vB. In fact, if you did any research at all, instead of just bashing IPS, you would know that the new licensing scheme is actually cheaper by $19 a year for holders of a yearly license, because the rate of renewal is less.

                      Next time you bash IPB, get the facts correct. Both IPB and vB are top rated, commercial solutions that are well worth the money for a license.
                      Forums

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Quillz View Post
                        "Slower support?" I have used IPB and vB for over a year now, and both offer very detailed, quick support. And, no, I highly doubt that most current users of IPB will move to vB. In fact, if you did any research at all, instead of just bashing IPS, you would know that the new licensing scheme is actually cheaper by $19 a year for holders of a yearly license, because the rate of renewal is less.

                        Next time you bash IPB, get the facts correct. Both IPB and vB are top rated, commercial solutions that are well worth the money for a license.
                        Ummm...Quillz, sorry to burst your bubble, but you are comparing apples to oranges here.

                        Yes what you say is true, it is $19.00 cheaper at both basic owned packages, however we need to look at the ENTIRE package here. Just for this example, let's say support for both Jelsoft and IPS is unlimited.

                        Invision Power Board: $149.00
                        Includes 6 Months of Free Updates

                        vBulletin: $160.00
                        Includes 12 Months of Free Updates

                        Difference: $19.00

                        HOWEVER, the flaw in your argument is that while true it is $19.00 cheaper, the periods of free updates is off by 6 months for IPS. To do a more accurate comparsion, you need to factor in an additional 6 months to be on par with vBulletin's 12 months for the comparison to be correct.

                        So in reality:

                        Invision Power Board: $174.00 ($149.00 + $25.00)
                        Now includes 12 Months of Free Updates

                        vBulletin: $160.00
                        Includes 12 Months of Free Updates

                        Difference: $14.00
                        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I've seen the new features for IPB 2.2 and have to say that most of it looks like bloat to me. Also I think I must be the only person who thinks that IPB forums look ugly 9 times out of 10. Oh well, to each his own.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ManagerJosh View Post
                            Ummm...Quillz, sorry to burst your bubble, but you are comparing apples to oranges here.

                            Yes what you say is true, it is $19.00 cheaper at both basic owned packages, however we need to look at the ENTIRE package here. Just for this example, let's say support for both Jelsoft and IPS is unlimited.

                            Invision Power Board: $149.00
                            Includes 6 Months of Free Updates

                            vBulletin: $160.00
                            Includes 12 Months of Free Updates

                            Difference: $19.00

                            HOWEVER, the flaw in your argument is that while true it is $19.00 cheaper, the periods of free updates is off by 6 months for IPS. To do a more accurate comparsion, you need to factor in an additional 6 months to be on par with vBulletin's 12 months for the comparison to be correct.

                            So in reality:

                            Invision Power Board: $174.00 ($149.00 + $25.00)
                            Now includes 12 Months of Free Updates

                            vBulletin: $160.00
                            Includes 12 Months of Free Updates

                            Difference: $14.00
                            You're correct about this. I was mainly comparing the old license to the new license, since the majority of current owners have yearly licenses.
                            Forums

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              oh the great ipb that once said to there users that it would always stop free, having followed them from the ikonboard days i would personaly not trust anything they say.

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X