Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search Engine Optimization

Hello,

I have a forum which is currently ranked low in search engines, and I am looking for tips on how I could improve my sites ranking. It has a fair amount of traffic, no less than another site I know which appears in the first page of results on Google for many related searches.

I have submitted a sitemap to Google, but this hasn't as of yet had the desired effect. I also already have reciprocal links with around 15 other related websites.

Please, tips and advice would be appreciated.

http://www.cricket247.net

Thanks

How long ago did you submit the sitemap??
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

About a week ago, so it is probably a bit early to say it hasn't worked actually. How long do they usually take to take effect.

Also, where is the best place to have a xml site map generated? I had one generated by some free site but the URL List doesn't look that thorough?

Comment

You have about 30600 indexed pages & a PageRank of 5 on Google. That's fairly enough good results.

If you want to improve your ranking even more, concentrate on buidling unique content & getting links to your site from quality sites.
        You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

There are some tools to help automatically

VBSEO
          payware (this forum uses it)

ZOINTS SEO freeware (this forum uses it)

there are other tools, vbulletin.org has many

And as said above, link backs and content are the major things. All the rest can help but won't replace that

Comment