No announcement yet.

Forgive me Jelsoft, for I have sinned.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgive me Jelsoft, for I have sinned.

Well, not really XD

I just bought myself an IPB lifetime license, and I have no intentions of using it... Guess it can be regarded as me hogging a license that is no longer sold so they have one lesser active installation :P
    Best Regards,
    Andy Huang

Lifetime license, i wish vB i have the option of this..
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

If this thread was created today, then you bought a perpetual license, since the lifetime license was last offered in September of 2004.

And Joe, the perpetual license is the same thing as vB's owned license, only the $30/year is for support and not software updates.
      Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz View Post
        If this thread was created today, then you bought a perpetual license, since the lifetime license was last offered in September of 2004.

And Joe, the perpetual license is the same thing as vB's owned license, only the $30/year is for support and not software updates.
        Ahh, i see Thanks..
        MCSE, MVP, CCIE
        Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Thread is created today.
          License is a lifetime.
          I got it off one of their existing customers
          Best Regards,
          Andy Huang

Comment

May I ask why have you bought something you will not use?

You could buy 5,000,000 licenses from them it wont stop them from selling them.

Comment

They stopped selling lifetime licenses actually; as pointed out above.

I bought it because its discontinued licensing model and perhaps at one point in time I want to use their software instead (highly unlikely as I have two vB owned not in use by myself right now). Additionally, it may be able to sell for a slightly higher price in the long run when they finally update to the new system and people might get tired of paying for renewal and what not (also highly unlikely).
              Best Regards,
              Andy Huang

Comment

Originally posted by Alfarin View Post
                Thread is created today.
                License is a lifetime.
                I got it off one of their existing customers
                Oh, I see. I'm surprised someone sold it to you, though. Out of curiousity, how much did you pay for it? I'm asking because it was a great deal at the time: $199 for lifetime support and software upgrades.
                Forums

Comment

Due to its age, you might not get much for it, Altho yes its lifetime, but people may think "If I buy a perpetual license which would be cheaper I can use the software for ever anyway, just have to pay for support, which I won't need"

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz View Post
                    Oh, I see. I'm surprised someone sold it to you, though. Out of curiousity, how much did you pay for it? I'm asking because it was a great deal at the time: $199 for lifetime support and software upgrades.
                    I got it for $175 (which is cheaper than prep. license's retail value)
                    Best Regards,
                    Andy Huang

Comment

That's a pretty good price. I wish I had bought one back then. Right now, I have the yearly/standard license. I guess the closest thing Jelsoft offers to a lifetime license is the owned license, of which I also have one of.
                      Forums

Comment

I have two owned vbulletin licenses and one lifetime invision... yet, I don't own a forum of my own... anyone want to start one with me? xD
                        Best Regards,
                        Andy Huang

Comment

Shame on you! Now goto Pope Kier Darby and he will probably tell you to do 20 'Hail John Percival"
                          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Alfarin View Post
                            I have two owned vbulletin licenses and one lifetime invision... yet, I don't own a forum of my own... anyone want to start one with me? xD
                            Do a Vancouver one
                            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                              Do a Vancouver one
                              Great idea, unfortunetly there are already quite a few established for the local area. Additionally, I'm aware of at least three nationality background specific ones as well... so that makes the niche thing not a whole lot effectiveness
                              Best Regards,
                              Andy Huang

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X