No announcement yet.

vBulletin.com Running 3.6.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's some kind of quiet update.. vB.com always runs the latest version with all known bugs ironed out and they just change the version number.
    That's the end of that!

Comment

No, major releases include table alternations, which might cause database corruption if these tables aren't locked during upgrade.
      You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

The new ACP Announcement system is handy to see if 3.6.2 is out, so why is everyone asking is it out? lol

Comment

vB was not accessible for me for a short period during the wee hours of the night
          Mark

Comment

Originally posted by MJM View Post
            vB was not accessible for me for a short period during the wee hours of the night
            Hours of the night?! I'm afraid this had happend only on your end, or otherwise we would have seen tons of 'vB.com down?' posts cluttering around.
            You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

We recompiled PHP about 2 weeks ago and since then the daily crashes have ceased (touch wood). mod_auth_mysql did take out the Apache process for about an hour yesterday morning UTC, never had a chance to trace back to what exactly caused it.

We've got some more plans as well to improve reliability that we'll be implementing in the future to try and reduce this downtime.

Oh and the server only runs latest branch code during development time. It ran the 3.5.x branch until 3.6.0 was ready for beta then we shut it for a little while the upgrade was performed, just a mod_rewrite query to redirect you to a static HTML page. The reason most people miss it is that its performed during UTC hours so you're most likely in bed or just waking up.
              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

It's out; enjoy! Now you guys can start begging for 3.6.3 or 3.7 or 4.0 or whatever is next.

Comment

Originally posted by SNN View Post
                  The new ACP Announcement system is handy to see if 3.6.2 is out, so why is everyone asking is it out? lol
                  I guess some people got an announcement saying 3.6.2 was out already so they wondered why it wasn't available for download.

Comment

Awesome, Great Announcement, I'll Be Upgrading Mine To It.

Comment

Upgrading first forum now, will do the second one in a mo.

Comment