No announcement yet.

3.7 or 4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, taking into consideration Kier's statement about 3.6 and 4.0 not being that far off, and there was no mention about 3.7 until recent and from what I can tell was from the customers mainly.

... I would have to say 4.0.
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

I would also guess 4.0 and hope it would be online before I need to pay 30 again...
      selling kawaiiNation.com

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1 View Post
        but demand for forums isn't necessarily increasing, but instead demand for community-driven web sites a la YouTube, etc.

could not agree more.

Comment

However, I do suspect that demand is even stronger than usual, but demand for forums isn't necessarily increasing, but instead demand for community-driven web sites a la YouTube, etc.
          indeed. this means that unless Jelsoft are secretly developing a blog, a gallery, a CMS solution and a IPS Converge-like system, they will eventually be driven off by competition.

a forum just isn't enough for most sites these days, demands from webmasters continue to grow. so far I've only seen IPS make any attempts to accomodate those needs. and I'm not trying to bash Jelsoft or anything, I'm just stating the obvious. comes time, Jelsoft will have to make some serious push forward. let's hope vB 4.0 won't disappoint anyone

Comment

IMO, vBulletin 4 should be simply a component of a larger but more abstract Jelsoft community framework. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if they're already developing with that in mind. vBulletin would merely be a module for the framework, and other modules such as blogs, video archives, CMSs, etc. could easily be added, and would all share the same database engine, authentication system, template engine, etc. Unification = good.
            --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
            Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
            vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by Greps View Post
              indeed. this means that unless Jelsoft are secretly developing a blog, a gallery, a CMS solution and a IPS Converge-like system, they will eventually be driven off by competition.

a forum just isn't enough for most sites these days, demands from webmasters continue to grow. so far I've only seen IPS make any attempts to accomodate those needs. and I'm not trying to bash Jelsoft or anything, I'm just stating the obvious. comes time, Jelsoft will have to make some serious push forward. let's hope vB 4.0 won't disappoint anyone
              Must admit I love vbulletin over all the over forum software packages out there. But the way the net is moving like Fiburt said with Blogs, Wiki and so on. vB do need to think about something extra other than just forum software only to move things forward like IPB have.

I wish vB would create there own vBGalley add-on. I would buy it today if they did.

Comment

I would prefer that Jelsoft will keep making the best forum software on the market: dynamically changes according to the market needs and topnotch security, than many comprehensive softwares that don't have the same qualities like vB has, or that vB would get less attention.

Comment

IMO, vBulletin 4 should be simply a component of a larger but more abstract Jelsoft community framework. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if they're already developing with that in mind. vBulletin would merely be a module for the framework, and other modules such as blogs, video archives, CMSs, etc. could easily be added, and would all share the same database engine, authentication system, template engine, etc. Unification = good.
                  Thats what Im thinking as well.

Comment

MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

I Voted For 4.0

Comment

Originally posted by Greps View Post

Thats not really possible. There are too many things people want and its impossible to implement everything in the next major version .

Comment

Let me waste my share of bandwidth I whould say......

I can't read, too hard today, sorry
                          Italian Body Building & Fitness : www.BodyWeb.com
                          Italian unofficial support Forum : www.vBulletin.it

Comment

Dutch vBullletin users social group!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X