Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Banner Rotation Script for vBulletin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I change the src to the full URL?
    I did just that and it worked ... wohoo!!

Thanks everyone. Your all wonderful people.

Comment

Originally posted by auto
      I'm not sure which file it is... probably phpadsnew.inc.php , open it up and check for any spaces before <? and after ?> and delete them.
      Auto, you da man!

There was spaces after line 47 ">?" in phpadsnew.inc.php

Thanks again bude.

Comment

Auto,

Im stumped here.

Is there a time setting on phpadsnew ?
        Im setting ads, but they turn up in USA time, not Australian.
        Server is at VO in the US. But it's shared hosting, so I can't change the time on the server.

I'm guessing I can't do anything about this?

Comment

Has anyone gotten the iframes to work? I've been trying to get the coding for this correct but it doesn't seem to work. It always makes the box a weird size and ads scrollbars to it where it tries to insert the banner. If I set the size for the iframe to 468x60, it seems to make it too small. If I make it bigger, then there are grey borders. Any help perhaps? Everything else seems to be working.

Comment

I believe that dot-banner is a ad-banner script designed with vBulletin in mind.

http://www.dot-banner.com/

It might be worth a look!

John
            John Percival

Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity ;)

Comment

PHP Code:
              <iframe width="468" height="60"
              src="" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" hspace="0" vspace="0" frameborder="0"
              scrolling="no"
              is what you need to have for the iframe to function properly.
              Webmaster
              http://www.AutomotiveForums.com

Comment

Can't get phpAdsNew ads to display

I am using this code on my site to call up my banners at the bottom of my site pages using phpMyAdsNew:

At the top of a header.inc file:

<?
                include("/pathto/phpAdsNew/config.inc.php");
                include("/pathto/phpAdsNew/view.inc.php");
                include("/pathto/phpAdsNew/acl.inc.php");
                ?>

Then in footer.inc:

<? print("<tr><td colspan=4>\n");
                view("edc_sponsors", 0, "_blank");
                print("</td></tr>\n"); ?>

That produced no banner when I included the header file code in the PHP parsed code field in vBulletin's templates form and the footer file code in the footer field. So I tried to adapt auto's code suggestion like this:

In PHP parsed code:

include("/pathto/phpAdsNew/config.inc.php");
                include("/pathto/phpAdsNew/view.inc.php");
                include("/pathto/phpAdsNew/acl.inc.php");
                $ad_view=view("edc_sponsors", 0, "_blank");

In Footer:

<? ad_view[html] ?>

That called up the ad fine but killed the forum itself. Here is the error code:

Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL: SELECT * FROM usergroup WHERE usergroupid=6
                mysql error: Table 'forumdatabase.usergroup' doesn't exist

Can anybody help sort this one out?

Thanks!
                Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by auto
                  Go to Modify Styles > [fonts/colors/etc] > and in the PHP parsed code include this:
                  PHP Code:
                  require("/home/username/public_html/pathto/phpadsnew.inc.php");
                  $ads_array=view_raw("468x60"); 
                  and then where you want to show the actual banner put this in:
                  PHP Code:
                  $ads_array[html
                  , in my case it was in the header template.

I am pretty sure that's it.
                  I did this and it pulls up my ad, but how do I specify which ads to use? For example, I have an ad at the top and bottom of my forum, but I want the top to call a different ad then the bottom one... Hope ya understand! Thanks!!!

Comment

anyone? I am trying to get my site up for a "re-launch" soon!

Comment

When viewing a thread on my site I get this error:

Code:
                      Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at e:/sites/ads/phpadsnew.inc.php:47) in ./admin/functions.php on line 1183
                      Any ideas? I am still also looking for an answer about my above question... Thanks!

[edit]
                      Almost forgot... Does anyone know what code I use to add specefic ads to .shtml pages? Thanks again!
                      [/edit]
                      Last edited by Joshs; Thu 21 Jun '01, 5:26am.

Comment

Joshs--

Did you look at the manual? I think the answers to several of your questions such as displaying specific ads as well as displaying on non-PHP pages (via iframes and javascript) are in there. Some of this information is also further up in this thread.

Comment

The manual is kinda skimpy. I found one possible way of doing it on .shtml pages, but I was wondering how everyone else does it. Also it doesnt answer the question I had about using the variable or making another variable to use on my forums to display two specefic ad spaces...

Comment

What Version of PHPAdsNew?

I have VBulletin 2.01 PHP version.

What version of PHPAdsNew would be best to use? Should I use 2 Beta5 or 1.9.2?

http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...group_id=11386

I just went through a whole problem of reloading VBulletin because I had installed the PHP3 version, and I hope not to make the same kind of mistake again.

Thanks.

Comment

I'm bringing this thread back to life......

Does anyone happen to have step-by-step integration instruction how to get phpAdsNew to work with vBulletin version 3 Beta 4? Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

I go phpAdsnew installed and configured for all the correct banners. I am hitting the wall on trying to figure how to get it integrated with vBulletin 3 beta 4.

Thanks
                              WWW.CARBABEFORUM.COM

Comment

I haven't upgraded to vB3 as of yet, so I haven't even looked into making sure my ads still work.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X