Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quinte
    replied
    Touch wood, I have thus far never had a problem with international Ebay. One must just be cautious that the feedback rate of the seller is appropriate (not too many negatives).

A common mistake made by sellers is to include the shipping cost in the declared value for customs. I have to tell them time and time again not to do so, otherwise one ends up paying customs duties and vat on an amount that is way too high. The declared value should include only the purchase price of the item.

If shipped by post, one may end up paying a handling fee (depending on the weight and the size of the parcel). From country to country it varies, so if your declared value (purchase price) is very low you may not even pay import duties and vat.

Good luck ebaying!
    PS. Airmail postage is fairly quick, yet expensive. Surface mail takes anywhere from one month to three months (or, let us hope not too much longer) - but it is much cheaper.

Leave a comment:

• Alex Apple
    replied
    Make sure there's no import fees. Here in the UK we get charged extra (17.5%, I think, plus "handling fee") by UK Customs for items worth more than about £30 / $60 (approx.)

Leave a comment:

• MrNase
    replied
    Originally posted by mdougal View Post
    I want to buy something on ebay from another country (Hong Kong) and have it shipped to me (United States). If I pay the price of the item and the shipping, I should get the item, right? Will there be any other fees? I have never bought from another country before.
    Hong Kong..? On eBay Germany someone from Hong Kong sells electronic stuff but you'll never get what you paid for.. A friend of mine ordered some monitors and he's waiting for 4 months now.

All I wanted to say is you should be careful.. nobody gives away his stuff for free and when the price it too low to be true you should act cautiously.

Leave a comment:

• Chousho
    replied
    Originally posted by mdougal View Post
    I want to buy something on ebay from another country (Hong Kong) and have it shipped to me (United States). If I pay the price of the item and the shipping, I should get the item, right? Will there be any other fees? I have never bought from another country before.
    Generally there are 2 main things you pay for. The item and the shipping. Along with this there are different methods of shipping, both insured and uninsured.

I usually get uninsured, as it's cheaper, and stuff shipped from Asia is expensive enough for shipping.

So, as I like Japanese comics, I'll buy 6 for $18. Shipping through SAL should be about $12 or so. My total waiting time from buying to receiving is 2-3 weeks, usually. Insured shipping costs about $24, and arrives usually within a week.

Leave a comment:

• mdougal
    started a topic buying from other countries on ebay

buying from other countries on ebay

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X