Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the Secret of Google Adsense?

Hi

I want to know, what is the secret of Google Adsense?

how can I or we increase the clicks ...?

any good idea, would like to share it with us?

because with $30 a month you cant go no where with that!

actually I bought some ads from google and yahoo and msn, and other individual websites...

like I pay $300 for msn and google and yahoo each month, and with contract I signed, I payed $600 for two years..

what do you did for your websites?
    AlShiaTalk Where Experience Meets Innovation

The real "secret" of adsense is not a secret at all. The most important factor in generating income from this scheme is TRAFFIC. If your site is busy with lots of visitors, you'll get more clicks and you'll earn more money. Once you have lots of traffic, there are things you can do to improve the click rate like ad position on the page, colour etc.

One thing to bear in mind though is that there is a known phenomenon - for some reason, bulletin boards do not generate a lot of clicks compared with other areas of a website. I don't know if there are any theories on this but I reckon it's because of the interactive nature of forums. People have a job to do and don't easily get distracted by the ads.

So get out there and promote your site. Do lots of SEO. Google likes good sites. Make sure your code validates, make sure your domain name is registered for at least 5 years. Use semantic markup, get your target keywords in <title> and <h1> tags - all the usual stuff.

Then, in time your traffic will grow (assuming your site content is good) and so will your income.
    My vBulletin: CADTutor - AutoCAD Forums

Comment

Make alot of websites and put your google adsense code on there. Thats the best bet.

Populer websites bring in alot of income

Comment

Thanks for your comprehensive advise

actually google and yahoo and msn and ask, are crawling my forum every few min!

all SEO codes are brand new up to dated... the domain is on autopay from my credit card.. so yea

Comment

Originally posted by NashTax View Post
          Make alot of websites and put your google adsense code on there. Thats the best bet.

Populer websites bring in alot of income
          thats true, Thanks for reminder

Comment

Originally posted by cfish View Post
            The real "secret" of adsense is not a secret at all. The most important factor in generating income from this scheme is TRAFFIC. If your site is busy with lots of visitors, you'll get more clicks and you'll earn more money. Once you have lots of traffic, there are things you can do to improve the click rate like ad position on the page, colour etc.

One thing to bear in mind though is that there is a known phenomenon - for some reason, bulletin boards do not generate a lot of clicks compared with other areas of a website. I don't know if there are any theories on this but I reckon it's because of the interactive nature of forums. People have a job to do and don't easily get distracted by the ads.

So get out there and promote your site. Do lots of SEO. Google likes good sites. Make sure your code validates, make sure your domain name is registered for at least 5 years. Use semantic markup, get your target keywords in <title> and <h1> tags - all the usual stuff.

Then, in time your traffic will grow (assuming your site content is good) and so will your income.
            I'm pretty sure how long a domain is registered for has nothing to do with how well a site does with Google. I renew my domains yearly, so if I decide I don't need a certain domain any more, I can cancel it and save more money than I would have had I registered it for 5 or even 10 years.

Where did you hear this anway? I mean, maybe it is true, but I would be surprised to be honest.
            "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

placements!

Comment

Originally posted by Creepshow View Post
                I'm pretty sure how long a domain is registered for has nothing to do with how well a site does with Google. I renew my domains yearly, so if I decide I don't need a certain domain any more, I can cancel it and save more money than I would have had I registered it for 5 or even 10 years.

Where did you hear this anway? I mean, maybe it is true, but I would be surprised to be honest.
                http://www.searchengineguide.com/hartzer/005144.html

http://www.centralquestion.com/archi..._pagerank.html

Just a couple to be going on with.

Comment

wow awesome man thanks so much

Comment

important information, thank you

Comment

Nice link. Thanks

Comment

The articles are really impressive and actually answered some similar questions I had. Anyways making money with Google is not easy as making money with CPM programs. For example people hardly clicks ads and most of the times to ignore ads us users sometimes disable javascript and other code blockers. From my experiences I've noticed websites related to news, articles or anykind of editorial has a greater chance to make money with google/yahoo and other similar CPC programs. But if your website contains media like video tutorials, streaming videos then most likely CPM will be a good choice for you. In CPM you are promised to get certain amount for each 1000 views where there's 50/50 chance of an user to click or not to click on your ads . Here are some of the things I did to generate income from CPC but the results weren't sweet so I switched myself to use CPM systems entirely.
                        • Make your website design in a way that the ads can easily blend in and inspire the easier to click that ad.
                        • Display the ads on the place where your contents are. Means if your contents are on the bottom left and you have your ads on the top right... most likely the user might not even notice the ads.
                        • Exchange links with websites with high ranking... and try to get as many sites to link back to you. (good for Search engine rankings)
                        • Don't waste your time reading books like Adsense made me rich, because there's nothing extraordinary about them. The rule is simple, If you get 100 people a day, you would get 3 clicks at least. So 1000 people a day should bring you 30 clicks. So if each click was $1 you would make $30 a day.
                        Just so let you know most CPM sites do not display media related text-ads. So if you run a tutorial site. And there are ads related to pets, most likely the user will ignore them. Trust me advertising agencies are not that good to display ads relavant to site contents. (unless your site has the keywords of those advertisements)
                        Out to Change the world!

Comment

Good advice roosevelt. Maybe CPM ads are a much better bet for forums like vB. I have Adsense across my site and the yeild from the forum is very low despite it being one of the busiest parts of the site. What CPM service are you using?

Comment

well one thing I've noticed is this. Take notice how many very popular domain names get bought and there is nothing on them but a single page full of adds. I mean like really good ones that you would expect to pay a lot for because the name would be searched for loads.

So my conclusion is. Buy loads of good keyword domains that will get searched for loads. And spam a page full of adds on all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Creepshow View Post

Googles own website says this too, i think in the analytics area. That websites registered for more than 3 years will rank slightly higher. Probably because websites like linkfarms and spam websites are only operational for 1 or 2 years before they get shut down or become unproductive due to domain blocking etc.

So 3 years is the minimum recommended by those so called experts.

I personally register my domains first for 1 year. Then if i am able to secure a trademark on the name (usually takes 8 months to determine that) then i will renew it for the full 10 years.

After all its about $100 for 10 years, i used to pay $80 per domain for just 1 year registeration back when it was only internic!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X