What really is a site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What really is a site?

Now Im wondering what is really a site? I mean can a site be just a forum or does it actually have to be a html website. I am asking this because I am thinkin of getting the domain, www.asportsite.com. Now all I would like to have on this site is a forum so when people go to this domain all they see is the forum, now does this make sense since it has the word site in it but it is just a forum. I ask this because I do not want my members thinking its not a site, but just a forum and I'll get bad feedback on the forum if you know what I mean.

Please I would like to hear your opinion. Thankyou.

It's always best to have an intro page that describes the site/forum. This way people that find your into page can read what your forum is all about. Also search engines will index this and it will help others with similar interests find your site.

Comment

Yeah that makes sense, so when I install a forum should I install it in www.asportsite.com/forum . Then just have a page on www.asportsite.com telling what the forum is about. Like "Thankyou for visiting the sport site please come and join our forum", but the thing is I do not really want to make a actual website, so... I would just like it to be a forum for now, but maybe in the future I may change my mind, so do you think I should intall it under www.asportsite.com/forum?

Comment

A site can be anything you want it to be. A page saying, "Hello, World!," just a board, etc. There is no concrete definition of what must be contained in a so-called "site."
        Forums

Comment

Better to have forums at asportsite.com/forum and a site with content at asportsite.com. Quality content will bring in SE results. If you are making a forum-only site though I'd just install the board at the root directory of the site at asportsite.com.

Also never publically post domain names you're planning to get otherwise people might get it before you.
          Wii Zelda

Comment

Originally posted by bjizzel View Post
            so do you think I should intall it under www.asportsite.com/forum?
            I think it makes more sense to put it under:

www.asportsite.com/forums

Comment

Say I put it under www.asportsite.com could I uninstall it in lets say a month and put it under www.asportsite.com/forum and would all the info and settings, posts, etc.. be the same? Thanks for all the help.

Comment

Say I put it under www.asportsite.com could I uninstall it in lets say a month and put it under www.asportsite.com/forum and would all the info and settings, posts, etc.. be the same? Thanks for all the help.
                Yes that can be easily done.
                UNP - Auto Forum India - Playway

Comment

Oh thats awesome, but when you say easy how easy, like a few clicks or...

Comment

Oh thats awesome, but when you say easy how easy, like a few clicks or...
                    Yes, like a few clicks.
                    You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

For future reference don't post a domain name that you want to buy out in public. Squatters will see it register it before you and then they will try and sell it to you.
                      Arcade.gs Game Site!

Comment

He might have just changed the original domain to asportsite - probably he is buying some different domain like asomethingsite.
                        selling kawaiiNation.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X