• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me2Be
    replied
    Re: Reporting Spammers

Originally posted by Mark Hewitt
    Another question is to you think they've actually spent time posting on every single forum or is there some sort of vBulletin spamming software out there which would automatically post in every forum? (If there is, is there plans to block it's use?)
    If you require a valid registration (accounts must be activated before they can be used) there is no way for it to be automatically done.

Leave a comment:

• RJ
    replied
    If I recall correctly, you can go into their user information, and there should be a link to show the IP address(es) they're using. It's not much, but it's a start.

Hope that helps.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Hewitt
    started a topic Reporting Spammers

Reporting Spammers

Email and newsgroup spammers I know how to deal with as I can get their posting info out of the headers and report them to their ISPs (with some sucess).

However I'm getting more and more people spamming my forums. I'm not talking the odd advert for someones homepage I'm talking about people going through every single forum on my site and posting the same off topic advert. (Thanks for the mass move by user function!!).

Is there a good way to get information about these users and report them to their ISP's / hosts. As I don't like them getting away with this stuff.

Another question is to you think they've actually spent time posting on every single forum or is there some sort of vBulletin spamming software out there which would automatically post in every forum? (If there is, is there plans to block it's use?)
Working...
X