vbPortal vs vBadvanced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nightshade View Post
    *shrugs* I just know what I saw about a year or so ago. For links you had to "pay" something like 5 or 10, then if you wanted a chat thing you had to pay x number ... maybe they've changed it since then, but that was how it was last time I looked.

As to clicking to change? O_o well, about 2 years ago (I think?) when I used it, any changes or moving of blocks on the portal, I had to go in and edit the actual file, and if I had other styles, I'd have to do it for each one! PAIN.

If it's changed? Well, so be it.

We all have our own prefrance eh? And mine is vbPortal. *shrugs*

But, with SO many of these "which is better" polls and threads, it does get a bit much. (well, in my head it is. )
    vbA Links is 34.99 now seems it went up after the gallery moved home but I guess thats going way of topic.

The comparison of thse two products is like comparing:
    a dvd player to a dvd burner <- Not one worth making, try comparing against the likes of vbindex, vbhome and the other freebie index and other page makers before comparing against a product which is similar in size and functionality to vbulletin itself for less than 1/5th the price of vbulletin.

If you want a freebie page adder vba is on the whole very good, if you want a fully functional portal with a whole host of in the box modules and blocks which many would charge per item, aswell as page adding facilities you know what to vote with and its not the button in this threads poll.

Comment

vBadvanced
      TechArena - TechArena Community - News - Download - Video - Guide - Review

Comment

Originally posted by Nightshade View Post
        *shrugs* I just know what I saw about a year or so ago. For links you had to "pay" something like 5 or 10, then if you wanted a chat thing you had to pay x number ... maybe they've changed it since then, but that was how it was last time I looked.

As to clicking to change? O_o well, about 2 years ago (I think?) when I used it, any changes or moving of blocks on the portal, I had to go in and edit the actual file, and if I had other styles, I'd have to do it for each one! PAIN.

If it's changed? Well, so be it.

We all have our own prefrance eh? And mine is vbPortal. *shrugs*

But, with SO many of these "which is better" polls and threads, it does get a bit much. (well, in my head it is. )
        For the record, Links is an entirely differnt product and is not directly intergrated nor does it require vBa's CMPS. In its early versions vBa CMPS did require you to edit the templates, but not the files. vBa has also never had a chat. Not sure what you are remebering.

As to their own prefrences this is why I said it would be best for anyone who is intrested in either type of system (either what vBa or phpportals offerS) is best out to try it on their own and make their own decisions.

Originally posted by Nitro View Post
        vbA Links is 34.99 now seems it went up after the gallery moved home but I guess thats going way of topic.
        AFAIK Its always been this price.
        Last edited by Zachery; Tue 22nd Aug '06, 11:47am.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
          As to their own prefrences this is why I said it would be best for anyone who is intrested in either type of system (either what vBa or phpportals offerS) is best out to try it on their own and make their own decisions.

AFAIK Its always been this price.
          Thank you for mentioning that vbPortal and vbAdvanced are different type's of systems.

Both in my opinion are good products when used for what the user needs or wants, but they can't be compared in a poll such as this.

We at vbPortal have helped our users with using the For Sale commercial vbAdvanced Links system with vbPortal. We didn't shoot it down and try to discourage it's use because vbPortal had a free links system included.

I don't see why one can't compliment the other, this used to be a community, best we turn it around before it slowly becomes just another forum.

Comment

Which is the best of the two, let me think. Neither!

Comment

it's a shame Wordpress and ExpressionEngine don't have any kind of vB integration. else they'd be the best ones

Comment

vbadvance is better

Comment

I think VBadvanced...

Comment

Originally posted by phill2003 View Post
                    i am not going to fit the shower in our second bathroom today
                    thats a pity as I'm a plumber lol

Comment

Neither: I choose WebTemplates

Webtemplates is better than both.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=103076

Comment

Interesting thread. I logged in to see if I could find out what the real differences were. Thank you to whoever mentioned that they were entirely different from each other! I have a large site currently running joomla, the integration with vb is "ok" via bbpixel's script, but not as secure as I require so I went looking for a vb cms. I'm leaning towards vbportal right now.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                          I have a large site currently running joomla, the integration with vb is "ok" via bbpixel's script, but not as secure as I require so I went looking for a vb cms
                          you can look at this, has some module in the same way joomla: reviews, articles, blog, etc...
                          It's free, work great, installed in 3 minutes and dont need modifie vbulletin file
                          http://www.mkportal.it/

Comment

These "start site design tools" may be useful for lots of people.

I prefer the much cleaner look of the standard vbulletin start site. And I do think the standard look is easier to understand for more non-technical users.

Comment

what are you naming "start site design tools" ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ascor View Post
                                what are you naming "start site design tools" ?
                                Tools that mostly modify my start site like vbPortal and vBadvanced.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X