No announcement yet.

I just smoked my last cigarette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck, Joe. You are on the right track.
    HFT Online - Professional computer help ... with a personal touch

Comment

Good Luck hope you can quit... I got an easy way to quit smoking, dont start in the first place like me.

I have had the odd few while out at the pub and I cannot see the big deal why people like smoking they taste horrible and make you smell like an ash tray afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveTomneyUK View Post
        Good Luck hope you can quit... I got an easy way to quit smoking, dont start in the first place like me.

I have had the odd few while out at the pub and I cannot see the big deal why people like smoking they taste horrible and make you smell like an ash tray afterwards.
        I used to think like that aswell.. Didnt smoke even one cig till about 3 years ago. Always said to my self that i'd never get hooked, but kept on increasing the amount I smoked. I'm on 10 cigs a day right now. Only reason i'm not quitting right now is because I have exams and essays to do. I'll quit in October

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund View Post
          As of today i quit smoking. I am tired of feeling like crap.
          Wish me luck, i'm gonna need it.

Well done i am on my 7th week of not smoking, Its been not so bad to be honest there have been times when i really needed a fag but it lasted 5 mins and went. If you can get past the times when you smoke out of habit (for me after tea was a habitual fag) rather than from a need, you have gone more than half way to your goal.

Keep it up you have my very best wishes.

phillip

Comment

Originally posted by phill2003 View Post
            Well done i am on my 7th week of not smoking, Its been not so bad to be honest there have been times when i really needed a fag but it lasted 5 mins and went. If you can get past the times when you smoke out of habit (for me after tea was a habitual fag) rather than from a need, you have gone more than half way to your goal.

Keep it up you have my very best wishes.

phillip
            Yaa doctors say the cravings only last 5 mins, then they fade away.. Yesterday was really rough, but i stuck it out.

I have had a few really strong cravings, but i think the worst is behind me.
            MCSE, MVP, CCIE
            Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund View Post
              Yaa doctors say the cravings only last 5 mins, then they fade away.. Yesterday was really rough, but i stuck it out.

I have had a few really strong cravings, but i think the worst is behind me.
              It goes really quickly, relative to how long you've been smoking if you think about it.

As soon as taste and smell return and food tastes good again, then you'll really forget about the coffin nails and enjoy

I don't think people put on weight from cravings and substituting with food, its because they can taste again they eat so much more

Bit like Stewie from the Family Guy and pancakes
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

just be aware of pilling the weight on once your appetite comes back, as that can be just as worse for your health than smoking.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Bolton View Post
                  just be aware of pilling the weight on once your appetite comes back, as that can be just as worse for your health than smoking.
                  There is that too, though I found when I stopped because I had more energy, and motivation and felt better I started doing lots more sports and exercise.
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Have you still not smoked yet Jerry, been a few days now?

Comment

Have you still not smoked yet Jerry, been a few days now?
                      Been a while now yea, then again I gave up about 4 years ago for about 3 years, relapsed for about a year, and now back off and feeling great

Hmmm only time was at a party a few weeks ago, I was fairly drunk and had a few puffs of a friends out of habit, by the second mouthful I was choking thinking "Why the hell did I ever do it"......

So yea I'm good
                      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Well done then, didn't think you'd last this long to be honest. Was expecting to see a "sorry I started again post". Started the gym 5 months ago and gone from 14 to 12 stone now, but I need to pack in cigs myself also to top it off.

I'm jelious!!!

Comment

Well done then, didn't think you'd last this long to be honest. Was expecting to see a "sorry I started again post". Started the gym 5 months ago and gone from 14 to 12 stone now, but I need to pack in cigs myself also to top it off.

I'm jelious!!!
                          Have to be far too active in BC during the summer to smoke, and snowboarding is just around the corner and that really works you, so smoking makes less than no sense when you want to get into things like that.
                          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Be careful, qutting anything cold turkey can have some massive disadvantages and put your body though stress.
                            Very true. Your body depends on the drugs in cigs to stimulate the production of certain chemicals. You'll be very nauseous, and probably feel horrible for about a week. But it gets better.

Comment

I had to laugh last week. I got some menthol cigs thinking they were weaker. Guess what they have the same content of everything bad for you. So I went around smoking mints and still killing myself just as fast. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Tree View Post
                                Very true. Your body depends on the drugs in cigs to stimulate the production of certain chemicals. You'll be very nauseous, and probably feel horrible for about a week. But it gets better.
                                I didn't have any of that at all, and the stress if any compared to the benefits ? No competition really.
                                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X