Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What software to make the perfect video (described here)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What software to make the perfect video (described here)

Anyone know how to make a news broadcast-like video? You know,

Logo on the bottom-left/right
    Thumbnails above and (right/left)-sided of the reporter?

I need software either free or cheap. Any recommendations?

Oh, and about the logo, it would be better animated.

I'd also be interested in this...

MGM out

Comment

Premiere can easily do that (at least static image overlays; I've never tried animated overlays although I'm sure it's doable). It's not exactly for the beginner, nor cheap at $500. They do have a trial, but I think it's like other Adobe trials in that you can't always save your work.

iMovie can do text overlays very easily and with prebuilt animations.
      --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
      Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
      vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

I've used Pinnacle Studio in the past & so far was impressed with it. I don't recall exactly but I thinks it's much cheaper than Premiere (at least the basic version).
        You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

Hmm...Cheap or free. You may want to check out videohelp.com. It's a great resource for anything video.

Comment

Originally posted by thethethe View Post
            Anyone know how to make a news broadcast-like video? You know,

Logo on the bottom-left/right
            Thumbnails above and (right/left)-sided of the reporter?

I need software either free or cheap. Any recommendations?

Oh, and about the logo, it would be better animated.
            Cheap or free? None that I know of. As filburt suggested, I'd go with Permier. Also, you may want to look into Final Cut Pro.

For an unorthodox solution (that can either work extremely well or not at all), you may want to look at Macromedia Flash.
            :)

Comment

Price shouldnt be a problem for me, when I need it I should have the money for it, I just want to be prepared with the knowledge

I dont have a Mac so those suggestions are done... looks like Adobe Premier and Pinnacle Studio are the only two so far...

MGM out

Comment

Originally posted by MGM View Post
                Price shouldnt be a problem for me, when I need it I should have the money for it, I just want to be prepared with the knowledge

I dont have a Mac so those suggestions are done... looks like Adobe Premier and Pinnacle Studio are the only two so far...

MGM out
                Final Cut is a Mac exclusive...
                :)

Comment

Originally posted by DirectPixel View Post
                  That doesn't make it bad.

Comment

Originally posted by DirectPixel View Post
                    I realize that much

MGM out

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                      That doesn't make it bad.
                      Quite right . It's the best editing solution I've used.

After Final Cut Pro, the next-best solution (that's available on both platforms, I might add) is probably the Avid Xpress solutions. The DV version is only about $350.
                      Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

Yeah, well, like the majority, I have Windows XP. I'm evaluating most of the software listed. I'll see how it goes.

Comment

I use camstudio and I love it. Cheap and produces flash files.

Comment

I'm using Premiere Pro and it's been my choice video editor for PC.
                            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Types of video programs

Video programs generally fall under two categories:
                              1) Editing: Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Avid Express
                              2) Compositing: Adobe After Effects, Combustion

In general the editing programs are for cutting and splicing clips/scenes into sequence and laying audio tracks. Compositing is for adding effects or graphics to a single clip or a series of short clips. Editing programs have rudimentary compositing abilities, and likewise compositing programs have primitive editing tools. The type of tool will depend on the job you have.

Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro despite interface difference essentially do the same thing. They are ideal for internet video or small budget films. If your projects require both editing and the occaisional effect such as a fancy newscast title flying accross the screen, I'd recommend using a compositing program in tantem with an editing program.

Having used them all in the past, my favorite is FinalCutPro, followed by AvidExpress and then Adobe Premiere. Adobe Premiere would be quite good, except it has this nasty tendency to mess up your whole project if you're not careful. I've had to do one to many "redo's" with it. It's possible the latest versions are beter now, so take my advice with a grain of salt.
                              Last edited by JeremyTang; Thu 17 Aug '06, 5:17pm.
                              Jeremy

Talkthemes - A community about building and trading themes and sites.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X