Australian cable/adsl a joke!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian cable/adsl a joke!

Australia's #1 telco and my cable net provider just capped cable/adsl users to a download limit of 3GB/month overages at AUD$0.35/MB ~ AUD$358.40/GB!! when we're already capped at 512k/128k download/upload

http://whirlpool.net.au/article.cfm/300 :bawling:
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

I have a feeling this would especially hurt you! How much do you think you use per month?

Do they have a terabyte plan?

-jim
    "The dot-com bust has cleared out the carpetbaggers and left the Internet to those who really care about it"
    - Jon Ippolito, new-media curator, Guggenheim Museum

Comment

I would think you probably run, what, 3 GB a day. Bad cable company.
      Off-Road Forum

Comment

Re: Australian cable/adsl a joke!

Originally posted by eva2000
        [B]Australia's #1 telco and my cable net provider just capped cable/adsl users to a download limit of 3GB/month overages at AUD$0.35/MB ~ AUD$358.40/GB!! when we're already capped at 512k/128k download/upload
        Eva, that's why I left Bigpond Advance in 1999.
        I took up [email protected] in Jan 2000 and never looked back. As the former director of Cable Users Australia I know how you feel.
        Tel$tra

Comment

arrrrgh i can't get [email protected] in my area - optus cable ends half way down my street

just checked for 1/2 a day i use 75MB (sent/received totalled) that would be 150MB/day

crap i'm severely restricted
          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

I capped on 4 gigs download and 1 gig upload. I cant take it. I'm over the bill by $250 a month always.. sucks.

Comment

On a tangent .. George, checked out the latest AuDSL story on Slashdot?

Comment

eva2000, would creating multiple accounts make usage cheaper for you if you go over the limit?
                Well, there it is.
                - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

i envy you eva. it's better they tell you what their limits are rather than tell you that your service is unlimited and always on... then give you the boot after being connected for an hour (if the service is even working).

summary: pacbell dsl suckorz.

Comment

Maybe the UK isn't soo bad - No limits either way
                    http://forums.cpfc.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Dave#
                      Maybe the UK isn't soo bad - No limits either way
                      True Dave, but up in Hull, we can only get DSL from Kingston Comms, which is 70+ for 256k

Comment

No limits, no caps here... and I don't know if I could handle either

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholas Brown

True Dave, but up in Hull, we can only get DSL from Kingston Comms, which is 70+ for 256k
                          Hull eh?

Anyways DSL isn't worth getting from anyone apart from BT IMVHO- My friend has freeserve and gets 0% support

I take it your not in a cable area?

Why don't you move house?
                          http://forums.cpfc.org/

Comment

No limits here... yet.

With my old ISP though, I had a 600MB monthly limit...

Comment

I have cable here which isn't digital, no free internet unlimited access and no cable modems.

So my area isn't so great.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X