Looking for a good dedicated server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a good dedicated server

Anybody know of any places where I could get a good dedicated server at a fair price?

It needs to be able to handle a consistantly-large load (thousands of users online at any given time), plus room for growth.

Any ideas on server specs and providers? Any recommendations?
    :)

As staff I can't make official recommendation - but as a personal and unofficial one I could recommend staminus.net - they seem to know what they are talking about and the users i know who are with them are quite happy about them too.

Comment

Try the people over at Steadfast.net
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
        As staff I can't make official recommendation - but as a personal and unofficial one I could recommend staminus.net - they seem to know what they are talking about and the users i know who are with them are quite happy about them too.
        Thanks for the link! However, it looks to me as if most of their servers are a bit lacking in power for what I need. I'm looking for either dual or quad Xeons/Opertons with at least 2 to 5GB of RAM.
        :)

Comment

Have a look at Softlayer.com I am absolutely impressed with them.

I have used Staminus, EV1, SM/ThePlanet. So far, Softlayer has been the best bang for the buck.

Comment

try taking a look here if the price is something that really matters. Just click the Dedicated Plans link on that page to view there price structure. But I can't comment on how good a service they will provide. But I have a shared hosts account with them. And vBulletin 6 works fine all round and they have online help as well as a good tech support. Who i have used and there always very helpful

http://www.eukhost.com/

link to dedicated page: http://www.eukhost.com/dedicated.php

Comment

webnx.com are (imo) best for hi-end servers at fair price

Comment

http://steadfast.net/services/dedicated.premium.php
                http://steadfast.net/services/dedicated.value.php

Towards the bottom, but it isn't really cheap :-/
                ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by DirectPixel View Post
                  Anybody know of any places where I could get a good dedicated server at a fair price?

It needs to be able to handle a consistantly-large load (thousands of users online at any given time), plus room for growth.

Any ideas on server specs and providers? Any recommendations?

The Planet/Servermatrix

Great service, great support..
                  MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                  Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

www.hostgator.com

Comment

Originally posted by NashTax View Post
                      Yes, these guys are really awesome and their support is fast.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo View Post
                        Yes, these guys are really awesome and their support is fast.
                        yep!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund View Post
                          The Planet/Servermatrix

Great service, great support..
                          Not from my experience
                          But yes, they are better than ev1 support.

Oh, if you need 5gb or more RAM. Most dedi hosting accounts allow you to upgrade during purchase.

Comment

EV1 / The Planet are ok if you are ok with managing your own servers and you get good hardware, else their support is a bit of a mess and they dont read past messages from a ticket.

You can't beat them for hardware, infrastructure and tools. You can view servers as they boot, power cycle them yourself and they have the DDoS protection available.
                            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Or if you can find someone who speaks german you can get stupidly cheap servers from Server 4 You.

https://www.server4you.de/de/d/compa...products=0,1,2

I mean stupidly cheap, Opteron, 1GB Ram, 2 x 80GB Raid disks for €44/month or if you pay for a year its €34 a month. It's amost sickening consider I pay £45 for my xilo box and its not even got a gig of ram.
                              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X