Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slander removed from forum, but still shows up on google in forum 'archive'

How can I kill that off?

I have a slander issue, I have happily deleted the offending thread.. but of course it remains 'up on the web' on Google in the forums "archive"

I would like to kill off the thread (and the slander) for good..

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Last edited by Make Money?-old; Fri 11 Aug '06, 7:43pm.

You'll have to wait until Google sees that it's gone and removes it from their index.

They have a tool that allows you to tell them to remove your whole site from their indexes, but I don't think you can do single pages. You can check with them though...
    vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

Check out the second bullet on the following page:
      http://sitemaps.blogspot.com/2006/08/blogher-tips.html

Comment

Originally posted by Make Money? View Post
        How can I kill that off?

I have a slander issue, I have happily deleted the offending thread.. but of course it remains 'up on the web' on Google in the forums "archive"

I would like to kill off the thread (and the slander) for good..

Any ideas?

Thanks
        If the slander-post is not on your site, it's not your problem.

Comment

Wow...

OK, hard to grasp...

A google search reveals - aleged slander, that can be read by anyone as being 'on my forum'

but in fact isnt ACTUALLY on my forum, its archived material of my forum on Google...So its OK?

Fair enough...

Cant see the other side seeing that way...

Slander, lawyer threats.... quite regular for me these days..

Thanks!

Comment

Your site is no longer providing the material in question. IANAL, but you appear to be in the clear. Any interested party would have a beef with Google and other archiving sites, such as the WayBack machine.

Comment

Facinating (and I am not being sarcastic) I wonder if those archive organisations have people (and lawyers) screaming at them on a daily basis to remove stuff?

Like..

I dissed my boss on-line - I got my job back and deleted it all - please now remove my comments from your archive

My angry ex put up naked pictures of me for revenge, my lawyer made him remove them but they are still viewable in your archive..

I bet they do actually..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X