Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Magnaflow exhausts?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Magnaflow exhausts?

    I am sure we even have some tuners here.


    Do you have some experience with Magnaflow exhausts?

    I am planing to combine a Magnaflow muffler with the rest of my exhaust system (all 2 1/4 " down from the catalyst).

    My current muffler is pretty silent so I am looking into a way to make my car louder.


    Answers are really appreciated.
    That's the end of that!

  • #2
    Originally posted by MrNase View Post
    I am sure we even have some tuners here.


    Do you have some experience with Magnaflow exhausts?

    I am planing to combine a Magnaflow muffler with the rest of my exhaust system (all 2 1/4 " down from the catalyst).

    My current muffler is pretty silent so I am looking into a way to make my car louder.


    Answers are really appreciated.
    2 1/4 " is overkill for a Vespa.

    Or are we supposed to guess what car, engine, trans, gear ratio, etc...??

    Comment


    • #3
      Asking for your experience with a Magnaflow exhaust I don't see why my car's specs are important.

      It's a VW Lupo (never been sold in the States) with a 1.4l 16v engine, manual transmission. Stock performance was 75HP but I've already done some modifications to the engine so it has currently around 85HP.
      That's the end of that!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MrNase View Post
        Asking for your experience with a Magnaflow exhaust I don't see why my car's specs are important.

        It's a VW Lupo (never been sold in the States) with a 1.4l 16v engine, manual transmission. Stock performance was 75HP but I've already done some modifications to the engine so it has currently around 85HP.
        Specs are important when looking at exhaust. Too big and you lose backpressure and low-end torque. Too small and it will not breath right. Anyhow.... Magnaflow is good stuff. Pretty tough. If you are looking for sound, you might look in to Flowmaster as well: http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/

        Comment


        • #5
          The big problem with most exhaust systems is that they are not allowed here.

          You need a kind of technical approval for almost every tuning part here in Germany. All parts with without it have to do a special test but that costs $1,527.

          Magnaflow has this approval for all of their mufflers so I wouldn't even have to bring my car to the Association for Technical Inspection (or MOT in Britain).

          I am glad I've finally found a good manufacturer which has mufflers for my car because the Lupo was never sold in America.
          That's the end of that!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MrNase View Post
            The big problem with most exhaust systems is that they are not allowed here.

            You need a kind of technical approval for almost every tuning part here in Germany. All parts with without it have to do a special test but that costs $1,527.

            Magnaflow has this approval for all of their mufflers so I wouldn't even have to bring my car to the Association for Technical Inspection (or MOT in Britain).

            I am glad I've finally found a good manufacturer which has mufflers for my car because the Lupo was never sold in America.
            Yeah, I remember when I had to deal with TUV when I lived there. A pain in the butt for sure.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MrNase View Post
              The big problem with most exhaust systems is that they are not allowed here.

              You need a kind of technical approval for almost every tuning part here in Germany. All parts with without it have to do a special test but that costs $1,527.

              Magnaflow has this approval for all of their mufflers so I wouldn't even have to bring my car to the Association for Technical Inspection (or MOT in Britain).

              I am glad I've finally found a good manufacturer which has mufflers for my car because the Lupo was never sold in America.
              In the "country" called Italy you cannot modify parts from your car, you cannot change tires, wheel, rims, suspension kit, engine, they do not allow you, you can have your car taken by the police and you charged with huge tickets.

              I said "country", but it's not referred to cars and engines, it's something else, let's not even talk about...
              Italian Body Building & Fitness : www.BodyWeb.com
              Italian unofficial support Forum : www.vBulletin.it

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by MrNase View Post
                I am planing to combine a Magnaflow muffler with the rest of my exhaust system (all 2 1/4 " down from the catalyst).
                I love my Magnaflow or is it DynaMax? I think they are pretty much the same. Has a nice warrble when letting off the throttle. Sounds as good as any Supersprint I ever heard. Next time I might get stainless steel though. My current one is starting to rust out after a few years.

                I had to take a double take. I thought I was on one of my automotive forums.
                ...steven
                www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
                bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
                "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

                Comment

                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X