Q re Both Banning and Deleting Accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q re Both Banning and Deleting Accounts

With phpBB, I can both ban a spammer by his IP number and then delete his account as well. I delete these jerks because I don't like seeing those ugly names they use like "Chris75643."

Now with vBulletin, I know how to ban a user by IP and name. However, I'm not clear on whether or not a deletion after the ban would then eliminate the IP ban.

What I am asking is how do I get rid of those offensive spam names after banning their associated IPs? I hate seeing them in the newly registered users section.

If you delete the user the IP ban won't be removed.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Thanks, man.

That's great news.

Comment

Originally posted by Igmond Pop View Post
        I delete these jerks because I don't like seeing those ugly names they use like "Chris75643."
        I don't know that every name with numbers after it is a spam name. But, I guess it's up to the owner on what they allow.
        TNT for me!

Comment

I go by what they post and their sig lines. I get a lot of idiots who reg but never post. Their thinking appears to be that people will scroll through the member list and click on the url in their sig line.

Comment

We go by posts, and their sigs if their posts are only there to point to their sigs. Of course, if the sig breaks the rules, then it's removed.

I just wanted to make a point about user names 'cause mine is one that has all the numbers after it. And I really never considered a type of name as a spam name.

We get all kinds of names that are used for spamming, from regular names to names that just seem to be nonsense.
            TNT for me!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X