• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by ---MAD--- View Post
    Ah thats not very good then.
    It has not been a problem in the forum I'm using..

Leave a comment:

• ---MAD---
    replied
    Originally posted by Dean C View Post
    You have to rely on users using descriptive thread titles though. That doesn't happen in about 25% of cases.
    Ah thats not very good then.

Leave a comment:

• Dean C
    replied
    Originally posted by ---MAD--- View Post
    Yeah I agree. When your linked to a thread on msn or a chat you have no choice but to click to see what its about. If the thread title was in the url you can tell what its about before you even click it.

Btw if you edit a thread title, does the url change too? Same with forums and users?
    You have to rely on users using descriptive thread titles though. That doesn't happen in about 25% of cases.

Leave a comment:

• ---MAD---
    replied
    Originally posted by Floris View Post
    I agree, it looks better in links in emails. it is easier when sharing with others to get an idea what the link is about. It's easier to read .. I want to have it not for the SEO but for readability.
    Yeah I agree. When your linked to a thread on msn or a chat you have no choice but to click to see what its about. If the thread title was in the url you can tell what its about before you even click it.

Btw if you edit a thread title, does the url change too? Same with forums and users?

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    Human friendly URL's might be nice though. Not nessary for any of the SEO benifits.
    I agree, it looks better in links in emails. it is easier when sharing with others to get an idea what the link is about. It's easier to read .. I want to have it not for the SEO but for readability.

Leave a comment:

• 1QuickSI
    replied
    SEO... Simply put it is not an exact science. If it was everyone would be able to achieve top ranks. What we do know is some sites garner top ranks while they do absolutly nothing and flounder. Some will swear on the available SEO enhancements others balk at them.

Best bet is to read sites like vBSEO, vBulletin-FAQ and gain as much understanding about SEO as you can absorbe and make an educated decision on how you want to proceed with your site.

Leave a comment:

• tgillespie
    replied
    I too think a lot of SEO tactics are over rated. Some of the most indexed sites I know use regular vBulletin urls. Content is key. If people stumble upon your site from a search engine, but don't get the results they were looking for, SEO has accomplished nothing.

Leave a comment:

• jaycob
    replied
    Originally posted by Vtec44 View Post
    Wow old thread! LOL

My forum has never been SEO'ed, and it's still rank extremely high within its respective category. I guess most people want human friendly URL because it's assumed that search engines give priority to URLs that have keywords in them.
    agreed, my sites up in the middle of a heap of forums on the first page that all have seo and i dont sometimes i think its over rated vbseo.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    If all of these features are indeed added, you lose the edge over others in your category also using vBulletin but not making specific work of extra SEO work done on your domain.

Leave a comment:

• Vtec44
    replied
    Wow old thread! LOL

My forum has never been SEO'ed, and it's still rank extremely high within its respective category. I guess most people want human friendly URL because it's assumed that search engines give priority to URLs that have keywords in them.

Leave a comment:

• askloz.com
    replied
    You got a lot of learning to do bud if you want to get a head start in this game of SEO.

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    Human friendly URL's might be nice though. Not nessary for any of the SEO benifits.

Leave a comment:

• askloz.com
    replied
    because it's not as page heavy, google ranks pages that are extremely light in file size better than those that are heavy.

Plus, there is a lot of junk taken out of the archives which pushes up the prominence of the keyword relevancy factors

Originally posted by Quillz View Post
    Then what would be the point of the archive? I thought that was what it was there for. As to why the front-end doesn't do this, I don't know why.

Leave a comment:

• BamaStangGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by SaN-DeeP View Post
    archive to be used as sitemap :S
    Well rename it if you must. But the way that it is setup in vBulletin is not the way it should be used imo. It is not as efficent.

Leave a comment:

• SaN-DeeP
    replied
    IMO that is what the archive is suppose to be used for. More of a sitemap.
    archive to be used as sitemap :S

Leave a comment:

• 0ptima
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott MacVicar View Post
    ... but rather than spend weeks if not months on that we'd rather do more constructive things.

Like a photo gallery?

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X