No announcement yet.

vb seo free, why not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too think a lot of SEO tactics are over rated. Some of the most indexed sites I know use regular vBulletin urls. Content is key. If people stumble upon your site from a search engine, but don't get the results they were looking for, SEO has accomplished nothing.
    Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

SEO... Simply put it is not an exact science. If it was everyone would be able to achieve top ranks. What we do know is some sites garner top ranks while they do absolutly nothing and flounder. Some will swear on the available SEO enhancements others balk at them.

Best bet is to read sites like vBSEO, vBulletin-FAQ and gain as much understanding about SEO as you can absorbe and make an educated decision on how you want to proceed with your site.
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      Running custom version of vBulletin based on v4.2.5
      PHP 7.4.14 :: MariaDB 10.5.8

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
        Human friendly URL's might be nice though. Not nessary for any of the SEO benifits.
        I agree, it looks better in links in emails. it is easier when sharing with others to get an idea what the link is about. It's easier to read .. I want to have it not for the SEO but for readability.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
          I agree, it looks better in links in emails. it is easier when sharing with others to get an idea what the link is about. It's easier to read .. I want to have it not for the SEO but for readability.
          Yeah I agree. When your linked to a thread on msn or a chat you have no choice but to click to see what its about. If the thread title was in the url you can tell what its about before you even click it.

Btw if you edit a thread title, does the url change too? Same with forums and users?

Comment

Originally posted by ---MAD--- View Post
            Yeah I agree. When your linked to a thread on msn or a chat you have no choice but to click to see what its about. If the thread title was in the url you can tell what its about before you even click it.

Btw if you edit a thread title, does the url change too? Same with forums and users?
            You have to rely on users using descriptive thread titles though. That doesn't happen in about 25% of cases.
            Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C View Post
              You have to rely on users using descriptive thread titles though. That doesn't happen in about 25% of cases.
              Ah thats not very good then.

Comment

Originally posted by ---MAD--- View Post
                Ah thats not very good then.
                It has not been a problem in the forum I'm using..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X