vb seo free, why not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vb seo free, why not?

I was wondering why exactly vbulletin doesn't have search engine friendly urls built in. If you see the forum archive, you will notice they have search engine friendly urls. So why not give the same feature for the front-end? vB really should consider this feature!
    Out to Change the world!

It's 2006. Most search engines, like Google, have little trouble indexing vB. And SEO is really only as good as your board's content.
    Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz View Post
      It's 2006. Most search engines, like Google, have little trouble indexing vB. And SEO is really only as good as your board's content.
      So what? So they index the pages. Duh no one is saying they don't do this. The benefit of static urls is they are cleaner and allow the possibility to put keywords in there.

Comment

SEO updates every other week and the archive requires Apache to work properly, we could sit and grease up the rest of the board with this snake oil but rather than spend weeks if not months on that we'd rather do more constructive things.

SEO is a very dynamic industry that changes often as I'm sure those in the industry will agree.
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by BamaStangGuy View Post
          So what? So they index the pages. Duh no one is saying they don't do this. The benefit of static urls is they are cleaner and allow the possibility to put keywords in there.
          Then what would be the point of the archive? I thought that was what it was there for. As to why the front-end doesn't do this, I don't know why.
          Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar View Post
            SEO updates every other week and the archive requires Apache to work properly, we could sit and grease up the rest of the board with this snake oil but rather than spend weeks if not months on that we'd rather do more constructive things.

SEO is a very dynamic industry that changes often as I'm sure those in the industry will agree.
            Human friendly URL's might be nice though. Not nessary for any of the SEO benifits.

Comment

Then what would be the point of the archive? I thought that was what it was there for. As to why the front-end doesn't do this, I don't know why.
              vBulletin already includes an option to redirect the archive to the original thread. IMO that is what the archive is suppose to be used for. More of a sitemap.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar View Post
                ... but rather than spend weeks if not months on that we'd rather do more constructive things.

Like a photo gallery?

Comment

IMO that is what the archive is suppose to be used for. More of a sitemap.
                  archive to be used as sitemap :S
                  TechArena - TechArena Community - News - Download - Video - Guide - Review

Comment

Originally posted by SaN-DeeP View Post
                    archive to be used as sitemap :S
                    Well rename it if you must. But the way that it is setup in vBulletin is not the way it should be used imo. It is not as efficent.

Comment

because it's not as page heavy, google ranks pages that are extremely light in file size better than those that are heavy.

Plus, there is a lot of junk taken out of the archives which pushes up the prominence of the keyword relevancy factors

SEO Revolution Blog - SEO Forum - SEO website Builder Pro - Video Guide To Profits

Comment

You got a lot of learning to do bud if you want to get a head start in this game of SEO.

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                        Human friendly URL's might be nice though. Not nessary for any of the SEO benifits.
                        SEO Revolution Blog - SEO Forum - SEO website Builder Pro - Video Guide To Profits

Comment

Wow old thread! LOL

My forum has never been SEO'ed, and it's still rank extremely high within its respective category. I guess most people want human friendly URL because it's assumed that search engines give priority to URLs that have keywords in them.
                          So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

If all of these features are indeed added, you lose the edge over others in your category also using vBulletin but not making specific work of extra SEO work done on your domain.

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec44 View Post
                              Wow old thread! LOL

My forum has never been SEO'ed, and it's still rank extremely high within its respective category. I guess most people want human friendly URL because it's assumed that search engines give priority to URLs that have keywords in them.
                              agreed, my sites up in the middle of a heap of forums on the first page that all have seo and i dont sometimes i think its over rated vbseo.
                              Teen Forums | Chloe Moretz | Teen Celebrity

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X