Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L-Mane
    replied
    WordPress is the best and once you get used to how it is it is very easy.

Leave a comment:

• ultranet
    replied
    wordpress.. one of my best

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    I have seen Wordpress in the use by a lot of top250 companies and blog sites. It is quite customizable to their needs.

Leave a comment:

• L-Mane
    replied
    So is Wordpress still the best? I need something that I can edit and have it look like my web site.

Leave a comment:

• Vtec44
    replied
    Originally posted by tgillespie View Post
    I think we've become spoiled with vBulletin's template engine. I remember a few years back when I thought phpBB had a slick template setup. I now laugh at anything that requires flat file editing.
    I totally agree! I downloaded Wordpress the other day, but took me a while to familiarize myself with what is where. Editing each PHP file is so last year. I wish they have a template system like vB, but hey I managed. The plugin system is pretty cool, just upload the entire folder and the script recognizes it. They have a plugin that will integrate Gallery2 to WP. I haven't tried it though.

My newly created blog for the t-shirt company that I run with a couple of friends, using what else but WordPress, http://www.teerrific.com/blog.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    If wordpress had the front-end ajax like typo, now that would be cool

Leave a comment:

• daemon
    replied
    Originally posted by tgillespie View Post
    I think we've become spoiled with vBulletin's template engine. I remember a few years back when I thought phpBB had a slick template setup. I now laugh at anything that requires flat file editing.
    Definitely. I know vB's HTML and my own product's HTML very well. Using anything else is so much work .

Leave a comment:

• istoritve
    replied
    If you need something lightweight then check out sNews on http://www.solucija.com .... You can use it instantly with your existing website design ! ... it is a matter of inserting couple of tags only ... it is great !

Leave a comment:

• Caiman
    replied
    Another one for the wordpress camp. It's awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Reeve of Shinra
    replied
    I wish wordpress had a template system... the html is thrown in with the php.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    I have been using mutiple type for a while on a private blog, but had more and more questions from people to give me the blog url, so I made a more public blog for friends etc, and now using wordpress. I like WP more

Leave a comment:

• kevinj
    replied
    I use blogspot instead of using blogging software. I've only recently started blogging within the past few days or so.

So addictive

Leave a comment:

• Kiren
    replied
    One thing that sucks about Wordpress is that if you don't use caching *which is difficult to set up I find* it can cause a lot of excesssive serverload.

Leave a comment:

• tgillespie
    replied
    Originally posted by daemon View Post
    I would tend to agree with that. And the WordPress skinning system is really confusing, I think, and it's not very intuitive. However, I did manage to build a theme that makes WordPress look as if it's just a normal part of my site. It took a few days to do, though, to figure out the weird file-based template inheritance system .

Leave a comment:

• daemon
    replied
    Originally posted by DirectPixel View Post
    I'd recommend WordPress over MovableType. I used to be a long-time user of MovableType and thought it was the best thing since, well, movable type. That was a few years ago. These days, WordPress is far superior in terms of both speed and functionality.

MovableType renders everything to flat HTML files, which means that every single time you change something, you will need to republish. Restructured the way your archive looks? You'll need to republish your entire blog. Not fun when you have thousands of entries.

Think of WordPress as MovableType minus the PERL and the republishing hassles. The only thing I can't get past about WordPress is its skinning system. But maybe that's because I haven't really gotten used to it yet.
    I would tend to agree with that. And the WordPress skinning system is really confusing, I think, and it's not very intuitive. However, I did manage to build a theme that makes WordPress look as if it's just a normal part of my site. It took a few days to do, though, to figure out the weird file-based template inheritance system .

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X