Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database Combining

Okay, here is the story.

I was doing some maintenance for this one website. I wasn't allowed to close the board. I had ot back it up, move it to a new server, get the mirror copy up and running, then clsoe the other one. Then fix some things on that server. I was then required to shut down the mirror and open the original up.

Now board B has some posts and members that need to be on the original board A. Is there any sort of tool to let me compare the two databases and then sort of merge them? Its a vBulletin board.

This usually leads to problems, they should have kept the forum closed

The most secure way is to make a mirror copy of the board with the new content,. then strip everything that is already in the other board except for the new stuff, then impex it over to the other board.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
      This usually leads to problems, they should have kept the forum closed
      Yep, but sometimes when you try to convince non-tech people what the best course of action is, they disagree. They pay me though. >.>
      Originally posted by Floris View Post
      The most secure way is to make a mirror copy of the board with the new content,. then strip everything that is already in the other board except for the new stuff, then impex it over to the other board.
      *sigh*. I figured as much. But see, Board A has already had new posts made on it. I might just tell them its impossible... >.<

Comment

If you know what you're doing you can export the new data and import it. But we can't give any support on this at all.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X