X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tgillespie
    replied
    Originally posted by Floris View Post
    As long as you have the right RAID setup you can add drives to the array - best is to have them all of the same type.

In doubt .. get a pci express raid0/1/5/10 controller card with 4 slots and put all four drives in a new array on there.
    He stated he had a Raid 1 setup. Unless he has a very nice Raid controller, he can't add another drive(s) to the array without rebuilding. I have yet to see a motherboard based raid controller that has this functionality.

Originally posted by DeanC
    Well technically, if I'm understand the terminology the correct way, I want two arrays. Currently Drive1 + Drive2 are in RAID1 for backup purposes, and I want to do the same again with Drive3 + Drive4 where drive4 is a complete mirror of drive3.
    This is possible. Just plug the 3rd and 4th drive in, build the table in the raid config panel. Will work just fine.

Leave a comment:

• Dean C
    replied
    Well technically, if I'm understand the terminology the correct way, I want two arrays. Currently Drive1 + Drive2 are in RAID1 for backup purposes, and I want to do the same again with Drive3 + Drive4 where drive4 is a complete mirror of drive3.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    As long as you have the right RAID setup you can add drives to the array - best is to have them all of the same type.

In doubt .. get a pci express raid0/1/5/10 controller card with 4 slots and put all four drives in a new array on there.

Leave a comment:

• Dean C
    started a topic Can I set up another RAID?

Can I set up another RAID?

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/produc...il.php?UID=641

This is my MOBO at the momentlong . Currently I have two SATA 400gb drives in there and they are set up in a RAID1. PC was pre-built so please consider that I am fairly new to working with the insides of a PC I was reading the specs of my mobo and didn't quite understand whether or not I can stick another two SATA drives in there and set them up as well in a RAID1.

Any advice and input would be appreciated
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X